“Nice hotel”
Review of Caye Casa

Caye Casa
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We just came back of a 4 day trip to San Pedro, and we try this little hotel, it was very nice, Shane did a great job making our stay the best one, we really thank you, the room was clean, with a nice big bed, and it has tv a/c cooler, far from the noise, but you can have a short walk to the main park, the hotel don't have kitchen, but you could find everynthing you need a block away. I recomend it to those who like the clean calm and good taste with a nice staff.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rolando C

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at Caye Casa in March 2013 for a few days and then moved onto the Blue Tang. While this was more expensive than the Tang, it was much more private. We had our own little patio overlooking the beach and small pier. The friendly house dogs would come join us while we relaxed outdoors, which was nice as we missed our pooch back home. Caye Casa is located in an area of the island that is just outside the hub-bub of San Pedro, perfect for us. Location is convenient for groceries and restaurants. I loved that we had our own beautiful outdoor space overlooking the water. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanna T
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Amazing 5 night stay in the Water Caye villa. A convenient walk to "downtown" San Pedro. Very friendly, helpful and accommodating staff. Sitting on the veranda with a fresh fruit smoothie, good book, perfect breeze is close to paradise. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank traveljunkie215
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We spent 5 nights at Caye casa and it was perfect for our stay. It was clean comfortable & the guys on the front desk were awesome. The two resident dogs Caulker & Reef were friendly .
My only reserve was the pool it was not very inviting (clean) but I think we were the only guests and there had been a lot of rain over the last few weeks and I think this had an effect. I would recommend this as a place to stay on the island. When we ordered our taxi to take us to the water taxi terminal it was paid for by Caye Casa which was a very pleasant surprise as we were not expecting that at all. Beach/ pools towels are provided so if you staying here & not traveling on no need to bring your own.

Room Tip: We had a room right at the top next to the owners suite and we loved it gave us great privacy
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank annieugsNovaScotia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Caye Casa in March of this year. Caye Casa is located on the beach a little north of town. It is an easy walk, or bike ride, along the beach into town. Caye Casa is a mix of rooms, villas, and casitas. I stayed in the casita closest to the pool. The casita has windows that open out to the common area - but has shutters that can be closed from the inside, providing privacy. Noise was never a problem. The casita is very comfortable with a bedroom, bathroom, sitting area, kitchenette and porch. The view from the porch cannot be beat !! The staff at Caye Casa are incredibly accommodating. Shane and George were fantastic - helping with cart rental one day, bike rental the next, booking tours, and providing lots of restaurant suggestions. Captain Boxter can be booked for fishing and snorkeling trips (lots of fun). Miss Julie will check to make sure that you are enjoying your vacation. Caye Casa is immaculately clean, has daily maid service and reliable Internet. Reef and Caulker, the resident dogs, are two of the best best island dogs around. Make sure that you find your way around the corner to Casa Pan Dulce for sweet treats and breakfast eats (cinnamon bread to die for). Coffee and fresh bakery treats on the dock is a great way too start any day. I had an amazing vacation staying at Caye Casa. Will hopefully get the chance to return soon

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This small boutique hotel gives you the attention and peace that you'll find if you want a relaxing vacation. It is about a 15 minute walk away from the heart of San Pedro (or the loudest area on the island) that I'm glad to leave behind for a good night's rest. The room was beautifully clean and my king bed is super comfortable (I like my bed a little on the hard side). I never had any problems with bugs or mosquitoes inside the room, plus the TV has more than enough channels to keep me entertained when it's raining out. Oh yes, I never had to buy any water, there's a jug inside the room.

I had a "home away from home" feeling at this place. The staff was super friendly: Jorge, the office manager on site during my stay, always has a smile when I bombard him with endless questions about what to eat and what to do. I'm glad I booked private tours (snorkeling and fishing) with Captain Boxter because he ensures that I feel comfortable in the water. He even made conch fritters for me and other guests, they were delish! Julie the owner was nice to invite me and other guests for July 4th dinner celebration. Even Reef and Caulker (the two guard dogs) were extra nice! I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cheap_flashpacker
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Although the Caye Casa wasn't as expected, it was still a relaxing and nice vacation. Cons: First, there was no welcoming drinks as indicated on their website. Ignored by Julie, the owner. George didn't go out his way to help with questions. The pool was dirty during the entire stay and couldn't be used. The bed was hard. The bathroom had live bugs crawling around. All furnishings were worn and uncomfortable. There was no privacy in the living area due to location and broken shutters. Pros: Captain Boxter was very nice and extremely helpful. Shane always had a welcoming smile on his face. The dogs on the property were friendly and watchful. No one, including other guests, bothered you if you wanted some peace. The beach was clean and offered a pleasant view. Caye Casa is located outside of the busy area of town and an easy/short walk to food and shopping. Internet connection was reliable.

Room Tip: If you stay in a casita, request one that does not have windows facing the pool and lobby area so yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo