“Perfect fit for me”

Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Sacramento, California
“Perfect fit for me”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I did a fair amount of research before booking Caye Casa, and I was not disappointed. I spent five nights at this wonderful botique hotel. I stayed in one of the classic rooms. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large with an open shower and local hand made soap (I ordered some to bring home for gifts). The bedroom had air conditioning, a large bed, television, small refrigerator, safe, bottled water and dining utensils. The staff (George and Captain Boxter) were very friendly and professional. The views were gorgeous and the location perfect. The area around the hotel is quiet, but it is just a short walk to the hustle and bustle of San Pedro Town. The German Sheppard (Reef) that protects the hotel and guests is amazing. She instinctively knows who belongs on the property and who does not. She is a sweetheart that is an invaluable asset to the property. I don't think I could have been happier with my choice to stay at Caye Casa.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank StewartPadasso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I spent 2 nights at Caye Casa and loved every minute of it. I was on my own for a couple days and I wanted a safe, quiet place to stay. I enjoyed the front porch of my unit with a glorious view of sand and sea! I read a book, reflected, walked, and enjoyed some much needed down time. The sunrise from the pier was amazing! Walking down to the heart of San Pedro was an easy 10 minute walk along the beach. The staff was great. It was a very safe place to stay on my own. I can't wait to stay here again!! Taxi transportation to and from the airport was included in the price. A nice convenience.

Room Tip: You want a room with a porch or balcony when staying here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelProf2013
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Caye Casa is a wonderful place to stay. Upon arrival I was greeted by George who mans the front desk. Check in was effortless. My villa was gorgeous and immaculate. I stayed in the Pirates villa. The bed is wonderful. The view from my private balcony is gorgeous looking out over this ocean front property. There is a wonderful pier to enjoy and lounge in the sun. Also loungers available on the beach. So much peace and quiet. Never had any noise issues. The inside of villa and layout is like a one bedroom home. Very modern, clean and lots of belizian wood accents. I highly recommend this property, first rate and great staff. The fridge has an ice maker that uses bottled water to make the cubes and provide water to drink. A nice size library of books to enjoy. Bathroom full tile with tons of closet space. In room safe is a must for me and they have a nice one. Cleaning staff was wonderful!!!! Ran into them once, it was like they knew when I was gone and upon my return my beach home was clean!!! Location!!!! San Pedro is not a big place, main mode of transportation is a golf cart rental. I highly recommend renting one for your entire stay. Caye Casa is located is close to the bridge and away from the heart of the busy town. Perfect location. On property parking right in front of the resort is great for unloading groceries and shopping. Full size kitchen was great for when I did not want to eat out. This property is wonderful and I highly recommend it for a worry free wonderful time in Belize!!! I am thinking about going back in November as there are so many things I did not get to do.

Room Tip: I like being on the second level with a wonderful ocean breeze!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank IndigoAshley
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We just came back of a 4 day trip to San Pedro, and we try this little hotel, it was very nice, Shane did a great job making our stay the best one, we really thank you, the room was clean, with a nice big bed, and it has tv a/c cooler, far from the noise, but you can have a short walk to the main park, the hotel don't have kitchen, but you could find everynthing you need a block away. I recomend it to those who like the clean calm and good taste with a nice staff.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rolando C
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at Caye Casa in March 2013 for a few days and then moved onto the Blue Tang. While this was more expensive than the Tang, it was much more private. We had our own little patio overlooking the beach and small pier. The friendly house dogs would come join us while we relaxed outdoors, which was nice as we missed our pooch back home. Caye Casa is located in an area of the island that is just outside the hub-bub of San Pedro, perfect for us. Location is convenient for groceries and restaurants. I loved that we had our own beautiful outdoor space overlooking the water. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanna T
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Amazing 5 night stay in the Water Caye villa. A convenient walk to "downtown" San Pedro. Very friendly, helpful and accommodating staff. Sitting on the veranda with a fresh fruit smoothie, good book, perfect breeze is close to paradise. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank traveljunkie215
nova scotia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We spent 5 nights at Caye casa and it was perfect for our stay. It was clean comfortable & the guys on the front desk were awesome. The two resident dogs Caulker & Reef were friendly .
My only reserve was the pool it was not very inviting (clean) but I think we were the only guests and there had been a lot of rain over the last few weeks and I think this had an effect. I would recommend this as a place to stay on the island. When we ordered our taxi to take us to the water taxi terminal it was paid for by Caye Casa which was a very pleasant surprise as we were not expecting that at all. Beach/ pools towels are provided so if you staying here & not traveling on no need to bring your own.

Room Tip: We had a room right at the top next to the owners suite and we loved it gave us great privacy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple