We spent a few days in this hotel. We had the cheapest room which has no view and only 2 small windows looking to the back. We were ok with this as we did not spend much time during the day in our room. when at the hotel in daytime, we just used the chairs in front of the hotel.
The hotel and surrounding grounds are very clean, not always the case in San Pedro. The room was spacious enough, had a fridge as well as a couple of plates and some utensils. The AC worked well. And wifi was fast enough and worked also outside when you sit in front of the property.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Restaurant recommendations were all good.
They paid for the taxis to and from the property and you also we got complimentary drinks on arrival. The price was excellent for what we had as this island is not cheap. The rooms with kitchen should be good too if you want to cook although I am not sure anybody does.
They have a dock right in front of the hotel and the beach is reasonably clean. You are a short walk to all the action. Not sure why people can't walk in such a small town and feel the need to rent those annoying noisy "golf cart". Avoid the street and walk along the beach, there is hardly anyone there, go figure.
Can't ask much in terms of possible improvements. Maybe a curtain on the window would allow to sleep in bit more although you are right behind the reception so it is noisy in the morning in any case. People should be aware that the shower is in the bathroom and not enclosed. See my photos to understand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caye Casa is an exclusive boutique hotel on the beach in Belize. It is the perfect barefoot base for the adventure of exploring San Pedro and Ambergris Caye. Beachfront. Small. Quiet. Elegant. Private. Attractive. Convenient. Caye Casa is a sanctuary for the discriminating tourist yet all of San Pedro is still at your fingertips. It's all about location. We're close to town; yet far enough away to hear the birds in the morning and watch the blue herons fish during the day. We offer all the charm of San Pedro with the privacy of your own beach. Walking along the beach, you can choose from dozens of restaurants and bars - you're not captive. Here you are an individual. Around the corner is a fitness center. On the beach next door is a masseuse. Caye Casa offers all the amenities most people desire and provides you with the convenience you require - wifi, like running water, air conditioning, food, restaurants, bars, shopping and a wonderful vacation. There’s nothing else like it in Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caye Casa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caye Casa Hotel San Pedro
- Caye Casa Belize/San Pedro