“Convenient, basic stay”
Review of Caye Casa

Caye Casa
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in the basic room right near the office. It was pretty minimalist but still had a king bed and a/c. Walking distance into the heart of San Pedro yet far enough away to be quiet. They helped us book a snorkel trip and gave great restaurant recommendations and were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin G
There are newer reviews for Caye Casa

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for 12 nights recently. Our room was clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful, they organised a couple trips for us, which we really enjoyed. The hotel is right by the beach, and jettys where the trips depart from. Although we had no breakfast option with our room it is no problem. There is a fantastic bakery just one street away that sells the most delicious fresh pastries and cakes.There are many excellent restaurants that are only a few minutes walk away up the beach. The hotel has a night watchman who looks after the place each night, and a guard dog also. However we felt totally safe at all times. There is some fantastic snorkelling nearby, you have to take a boat trip to get to them but it is worth it.We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cathy187046
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay here. Great people, perfect ocean view. Short walk to town and restaurants. Shirlene of Just Relax Massage is worth the trip to Belize. Be sure to walk the short distance to Way o's Beernet and meet Wayo and his cast of happy characters. We'll be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just returned from a week on Ambergris, staying at Caye Casa and we were pleased with our accommodations. We stayed in room #4, the classic king room. We spend very little time in our room when on vacation so we require very little and typically lean to going on the lighter side of features. It was a room that was just large enough for a king bed with a night stand on each side and the room length dresser/counter/closet at the foot opposite the bed. The bathroom was just as basic, sink, toilet and shower area. The shower area does not have a shower curtain and water does tend to splash around but it really doesn't affect anything, it's all tile. TBH I liked it as it meant all I had to do was turn off the water, grab my towel and dry off as I walked into the room. There are several other options that include patio areas, we chose to go with the least since we spent most of our time on a dive boat or walking around San Pedro. If you plan to spend more time in your room or want to hang out at Caye Casa then go with one of the rooms with a patio that looks out on the ocean. I do have two complaints specific to room #4: the mattress does need to be replaced and the two windows need blinds that block out the lights at night.

As far as cleanliness goes, the place was as clean as any we have stayed at and the staff took care of the room daily as you would expect.

The staff was wonderful - as friendly as any staff we have encountered and helpful at every turn. They helped us get everything we needed from a golf cart to the nearest store (which is literally around the corner, not 2 minutes away by foot, which is good).

The proximity to dining and dive operations is SUPERB. Prices for everything is on part with prices in the US. The Belize dollar is pegged at 2 to 1 US dollar so it's easy to do conversions in your head. If you have forgotten anything at home, don't worry the stores carry everything you would expect to find anywhere.

Room Tip: If you are like us and spend very little time in your room the #4 is acceptable, but if you plan to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at Caye Casa recently. It was a good trip. Very nice environment. The building is a very nice design with a great view. We had a classic room for my wife, daughter and I and it was fine. In the future if we return, we might consider a space with a kitchen so we can do some cooking. Andrew and Delsey were patient and friendly. They helped us with our questions and outings. The snorkeling at Hol Chan and Sharkray Alley was a lot of fun. Shirlene the massage lady is nearby and she runs a great service. One night I needed to purchase some food for our hungry daughter and Nino the security man accompanied me. I appreciated that. The maid did a nice job on our room as well. A favorite activity was sitting out on the dock in the morning or anytime and just relaxing with a coffee or beer. The warmth, wind and humidity made for nice lounging. Restaurants and stuff were within easy walking distance. My daughter, wife and I swam in the swimming hole off the dock and in the small pool and had a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this place. It's a very pretty part of the world with beautiful water.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank barney040
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The arrival was the best ever. We were greeted by Andrew Williams who instantly made us feel welcome and shortly thereafter offered us a beer. Need I say more? After checking into our awesome room on the first floor we had another greeting by the "guard" dog , Reef. She is a female German shepherd that lives on the property and makes sure that absolutely NO one gets on the property that is not supposed to be there. How she keeps this all straight I don't know how, but she knows!
The view is amazing. You are just a little north of town but south of the bridge by 2 blocks. You would normally need a golf cart but if you stay at Caye Casa you are only a 10 minute walk from the center town. I love driving the golf cart but not having to have one saved a great deal of money. Renting a golf cart is just as much as renting a car.
The rooms are cleaned everyday if you wish. It has all the things you need. I huge luxury here is that the room we stayed in had a 5 gallon water bottle hooked up to the fridge. ICEMAKER! This is uncommon in my experience. It was really nice not to have to carry water from the store to our room. Although we did see water delivery service and beer delivery.
The only odd thing that I can remotely say about this place or at least our room was that we did not have a shower curtain.
Overall I can't wait to go back and stay here. We were told upon departure there is a discount for return customers. I have had the luxury of going to Belize (Ambergris Caye) 4 times and my husband and I agreed this was the best trip so far.

Room Tip: We stayed at the pirates room that had a full kitchen. #3. I will bring my own pillow next time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ApeyWapey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Caye Casa is a beautiful boutique hotel on the beach in San Pedro, just north of town. We had the upstairs 2 bedroom apartment, complete with kitchen and beautiful porch overlooking the water. Andrew, the manager, took great care of us and arranged taxis, snorkeling and restaurant suggestions. It's a quick walk to town yet out of the hustle and bustle. Perfect place for a relaxing vacation! The hotel mascot dog Reef was adorable and always welcoming. We will be back here next year for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family