We had a fantastic stay at Pelican Reef Villas last week. We were upgraded to a 3 BR 3 BA suite which was beautifully furnished. Comfortable beds, clean, with thoughtful touches such as books, magazines, playing cards. Has a washer and dryer and full kitchen. Breakfast was included each day and the team was helpful in anticipating our needs, making continental fresh fruit breakfasts for us the night before we left on early morning excursions. (Thanks Terri!) Lunch and snacks may be ordered at the Villas. We rented a golf cart as needed (by the hour) and that worked well for us. We also opted for a cab when needed ~$10 US one way. PRV will arrange for excursions for you if you wish, but they do take a commission on the service and so you can expect to pay slightly more than if you booked directly. That said, when we went snorkeling, my husband is a beginner swimmer and Karol helped us make sure that the guide we had would be patient and helpful for him (and he was.) So I trust the team Karol, Ruth and Terry to leverage their connections and knowledge to get us the nicest experience possible for the money. While we were there, we ate in town (PRV is 2 mi south of San Pedro) at Calientes, Victoria House, Wild Mangos, and the Lone star near the hotel. At the hotel, Harvey worked from sun up to sun down making the beach, pool, bar all clean and ready for service. Greg and Lori, the owners, came out and said hello and were very helpful. During the end of the stay, of the four of us, I was the only one who had a problem, but I did become ill. It was associated with the bottled water that is provided everywhere (excursions, stores, etc.) and not specific to the villa or food eaten. Some microbe differences that gave me problems. I needed to get some doctor's care for dehydration and the PRV team was again very caring, and very helpful. They arranged for my transport, set up after hours care with an Island doctor they trust and he helped me get in shape for my trip home. All in all, it was a fantastic, beautiful place to stay with a phenomenal team that is truly caring and welcoming. Thank you PRV!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro