Highly recommend this great condo resort located south of town. It's not in the busy section of town and we liked being a little off the main path. we love our riding bikes and taking the golf cart into town for groceries, wine and restaurants. We went out on the boat almost every day and Pelican Reef has a very nice dock. We caught our dinner 4 out of 7 nights and enjoyed cooking in our condo which was well supplied and had everything we needed to cook. The condos are RIGHT on the beach and Pelican Reef has a small but excellent beach (better than most beaches on the island). We like having a pool to hang out around and this is a great one for kids and adults - lovely pool deck, can even do some laps, stop and gaze at the ocean and do a few more. The little cabana bar is great. The breakfasts were included - very delicious but a little slow - who's in a hurry anyway? You can get lunch as well which we did a few days but we also made our own lunch or went to town for a change of scenery. Condos are comfortable and clean with everything you need to cookm do laundry, etc. Mostly I found Pelican Reef to be in a pretty and very relaxing surroundings with a friendly staff, wonderful beach and a beautiful view of the ocean. It was perfect for us. We did find that groceries in town were expensive and we have teenage boys so the 2nd year, we brought a suitcase full of dry goods like cereal, pasta, peanut butter, SPICES, mustard, canned tomotoes, etc. We enjoyed buying local produce and crazy delicious salsas from the fruit and veggie stands along the road. We had a case of beer delivered to our room - ask the staff and they will arrange. We went to Wine de Vine for wine and cheese. We used the local dive shop for scuba and snorkeling - they picked us up on the dock and our friends found local fisherman to take them fishing. We ate our catch for 50% of our lunch and dinners which was definitley part of the experience. We stayed at Pelican Reef two years in a row and would go back without a second thought. Again, highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro