My mom and I stayed at Pelican Reef for 4 nights at the beginning of December. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were very good and the common property was lovely and clean, although not quite as 'posh' as I thought it looked from the photos on the Internet. There was some minor construction taking place on the property during our visit, which was unfortunate. However, the staff tried to mitigate the noise and would have the workers stop working if there was anyone at the bar. There weren't many people staying at the property while we were there, so they probably chose that time to do some updates to the common areas. We spent most of our outside time lazing at the end of the pier, listening to the water, so we weren't bothered by any construction.
The value for the money was good and the unit that we had was on the beach and had been recently renovated, which was great. The unit was roomy and I think that I was the first one to use the master bedroom, as everything was extremely new. The hotel is a ways from town (about an hours walk down the beach), but we had the taxi driver stop at the grocery store after picking us up at the airport, which was very handy. Make sure to take strong bug spray, as the little buggers are merciless. We were in the jungle for 4 nights prior to visiting Ambergris Caye, and I got a total of 3 bites while in the jungle. I constantly wore OFF lotion while at the beach, which evidently wasn't strong enough, as I was still able to count 50 bites on one leg! All in all, Pelican Reef was a lovely spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro