The previous review sums it up best- very nice property, great, caring staff and a peaceful relaxing time. Prior to the trip I dealt with Teri & Greg. I must have had 50 emails back and forth. We were 8 people (2 families) and were suppose to have side by side beachfront units. I did not think to confirm the week before but I should have as one family was right on the beach and the other on the second floor. Not really equal and there is no comparison- I were in unit 7 on the beach and that was truly beachfront! I would call the upper units oceanview and they are listed at the same price.
The breakfasts were great as were the lunch and drinks. All of our excursions, planned in advance were flawless. We did a sunset sail, day trip to Caulker, day trip to blue hole and hung out on the pier. Everyone was very helpful and this island is welcoming and safe. I highly recommend a golf cart as there are wonderful places to eat and visit. Don't miss the Sol spa at the Phoenix resort or lunch at the upscale Victoria house. We also took full advantage of the free kayaks and paddle boards. We rented jet skis from a vendor who delivered them right to the dock. The weather this Christmas week had it all- bright sun, light drizzle. heavy rains and clouds.
The only negatives which are out of anyone's control is the flies. Seriously, you could not eat or sit out near the pool or tables or on the balcony or decks. The flies were everywhere...but the accommodating staff hauled beach chairs and cushions per our request right out the beautiful dock where the flies did not come due to the breeze. Also- the road just outside the resort is in very poor shape. We blew 3 golf cart tires in 2 days but the cart company came right out and changed them very quickly.
Ruth #1, Ruth #2, Carlos, and Adriana (and the rest), thank you for sharing your home.
Christmas week, rooms 7 & 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro