We spent four nights from March 13-17th at Pelican Reef. We found the service, location, amenities to be perfect. We were two groups of 3 adults and 4 kids (7-12) and had two ocean view rooms. The rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. The rooms came with all of the comforts of home including 3 tv's. There was even laundry in the room which allowed us to pack light as this was the last leg of our Belizean adventure and we took advantage of refreshing our laundry. The rooms were also air conditioned too.
Travel on the island is done mostly via golf carts. We had rented for 3 days but only ended up really using it for 2 days. Driving is straight forward except for the speed bumps which you need to pay attention otherwise the passengers in the back get a surprise!
We were met at the airport by the ever reliable Carlos. He was kind enough to stop at a local grocery store to allow us to pick up some food for our stay. The food is very expensive in San Pedro. It cost us $185 US for cereal, milk, spaghetti sauce, noodles, crackers, cheese and some chips. We had breakfast as part of our package and there is more than enough selection to appease most palates. We would simply give our order and room number and it would be delivered with a smile.
The amenities are great with sit on top kayaks, paddle boards, life jackets, a small selection of snorkel gear. The reef is close enough to paddle out in a kayak for those seeking a combination of exercise and adventure. As some reviewers have indicated, there are flies but we didn't find them to be a nuisance.....people need to remember that you are going to a tropical country where this is natural phenomena. Most days there was a gentle breeze which resulted in no biting flies!!
Hol Chan is a must and is about a 3-4 mins boat ride from the dock. All excursions can be arranged with Enrique and was very customer focused in our opinion. Our two kids came down with a fever the morning of our booked snorkeling excursion and we were able to cancel that morning without penalty.....the value of the hotel always booking with the same outfit as the outfitter realizes the value of this relationship!!
The water is very shallow around the dock hence why they extend so far out into the water. We snorkeled around the dock and saw a small selection of fish and the resident moray eel. Rays can also be spotted either lying in the turtle grass or swimming past the dock. The kids also loved watching the pelicans diving for fish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.6 Mls South of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro