We just returned a couple of weeks ago from Pelican Reef Villas and had a wonderful time while there. Even prior to arrival, I really appreciated the time and efforts provided by Lori to accommodate our family requests. I don' think there was a question I asked that Lori couldn't help with and she was very timely in responding to my email questions.
Things started off a bit shaky in that the airline lost our 8-year old son's suitcase. That anxiety was a bit relieved with the welcoming rum punch at the resort. The staff immediately began the baggage recovery process for us, and two days later had it delivered to our room. Thanks to Eliazar for his special efforts on this, and for all his great help throughout our week with daily event planning. Cesar too was always helpful in attending to whatever our needs were.
As I read from another reviewer, Lori is quite the expert handling birthdays. During our stay at Pelican Reef, it was my wife's birthday. Lori was kind enough to make a birthday cake for her (complimentary) which we all thoroughly enjoyed out in the dining/drinking area. She also arranged a very special dinner for us that night on another part of the island.
The beachfront ground floor (#5) two bedroom villa we had was fantastic, especially with the bedrooms on either end of the unit, affording us a little privacy from the kids at night. I can't imagine anyone could complain about these units, with granite and stainless steel everywhere. The furnishings were great, the beds comfortable, the A/C kept us all comfortable.The resident gecko kept the kids entertained. My two personal favorites were the flat panel TV and I especially liked the glass brick wall from the shower/bath to the outside pool area, though some might find that a bit too revealing :).
My kids loved the small pool, the beach, the dock, and especially the two dogs that always seemed to be around and in the mood to play.
All in all, this was a great spot and really a good value. We have traveled extensively throughout many tropic regions. Pelican Reef and Ambergris Caye are right up there with the best and I would whole heartedly recommend this resort. Some other advice; Keep plenty of pocket money on hand for taxi's as the town of San Pedro is too far to walk, or consider renting a golf cart. Consider bringing in your favorite cocktails from duty free stores at U.S. airports, as the price of a bottle of booze in Belize is about triple the U.S. price. Also, definitetly load up on bug repellent. I don't get bit too bad, but my wife and daughter got eaten alive if they forgot to lather up. Luckily the resort provides it free of charge if you forget to bring your own.
We really send a heartfelt thanks to Lori, Greg, Eliazar and the rest of the staff at Pelican Reef Villas Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro