“Don't Stay Anywhere Else.... Perfect Place!”

and 1 more site!
Pelican Reef Villas Resort
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Oregon
“Don't Stay Anywhere Else.... Perfect Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2009

We have traveled all over the world and stayed in everything from a $12 a night room to 20k a week villas. This place has it all for Ambergris Caye! Don’t bother paying $500 + a night at the Victoria House when you can stay here. The staff is great, VERY clean villas and I appreciated how well stocked they were. We use to manage 40+million in beach rentals and I have to say Pelican Reef Villas is right up there with the best. I'd write more but don't have time. Just trust us when we say it's perfect!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hoodd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
tcbaby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

My new husband and I planned our wedding/honeymoon on San Pedro and from the time we contacted Lori about our plans to the day we left the island, the whole process far exceeded our expectations. I am an event planner as my day job as are a few of our guests, so we are a tough crowd to please. With that being said, I had the most relaxed wedding day and honeymoon of anyone that I know. My mom says it was 'Magical" and we all agree!

Lori was amazing and handled every detail with such care. I never had to worry about anything: food; flowers; setting; etc. ( We were married on the property and there couldn't have been a more beautiful and accommodating place!). We looked into other properties on the island, but I have to say that after being there for 14 days....there truly isn't another place for a wedding. Look no further!

We had a small group with us, many have travelled extensively, but none of us had ever been to Belize. All of us looked at this trip as a new adventure together. We LOVED it there! The villas were so comfortable and the team at Pelican Reef were so much fun that everyone in our party has a plan to go back as soon as possible! While the island is great (food, diving, people) Pelican Reef Villas made the trip amazing. The service was so personal and that made all the difference in the world!

This is a family run business that makes you feel like family. We generally are ready to be home after about 7 days into any trip. This was different! We were there for 14 days and we didn't want to leave and have been pining to get back there soon!

I would recommend this place to EVERYONE without any hesitation! It is private, personal, comfortable and all in an amazing setting.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tcbaby
Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

Had an awesome time on our honeymoon here. Went in august so had pretty good "off season" rates and the weather was great, despite what we'd read about it being the "rainy season." only rained one day in 7 we were there. It is a bit of a ways from town which is probably a good thing overall. Can't really walk to town, think it's about 3 miles? but I think PRV had bikes. We rented a golf cart for the week, well worth the expense I think. Had a fun ride to town each evening for dinner and a vehicle for exploring the island a little bit. (Although the roads get rough if you get very far outta town. We rode up to El Pescador one day to check it out.) kinda had to get out for dinner because there's not a restaurant at the lodge. They serve some good food but you just eat pool side. Not necessarily bad but not what we wanted for dinner each night. The room and grounds were immaculate, the infinity pool was awesome, perfectly shaded to be cool and refreshing after laying in the sun. Cesar and E were great guys to deal with and really helpful each day. And Lori did a great job with the booking, etc. And for fisherman, several mornings I found bonefish tailing along the beach just to the right of the dock. Very cool place and great trip, wish we were there now. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janded
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

I can't say enough about Pelican Reef Villas, I've been back in the States for a week now, and have spent most of my spare time scheming on how to get back to Belize as soon as possible. This place is truly top notch. The rooms are very well furnished, clean, and spacious, with modern appliances (even a washer/dryer). The resort itself has a great common area with lots of cushy beach chairs, a shaded pool, and a private beach and pier. If you book any activities (and you should!), they come and pick you up right at the pier, and town is only about a 2.5 mile ride away (Carlos was an excellent driver, I'd recommend him if you don't want to rent a golf cart). The service was what really made the difference for us, though - from the moment I first emailed asking about availability till the moment we hopped in the taxi to head to the airport to return home, everyone went out of their way to help us out. Lori was great during the booking process, returning emails in no time, answering all my questions, booking our flight on Tropic Air, etc. Cesar & Eleazar were there whenever you needed them, always with a smile. Eleazer got coffee duty in the morning (free coffee available after 7 in the common area), and Cesar bartended for as long as you wanted to stay at the bar at night. During the day, both of them were around to help with restaurant recommendations, booking activities, borrowing bikes or canoes, etc. I highly recommend Pelican Reef Villas to anyone booking a vacation on Ambergris Caye.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcclar
Palm Coast, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

First off, everything about this resort is top notch, but the service is second to none. The staff is so friendly we were sad to leave them. They take care of everything you could possibly desire and do it with a smile.
The resort is beautiful and the amenties are perfect. You can take any tours or activities and they pick you up right at the dock at the resort. We absolutely loved it!
The villas exceeded our expectations and were beautifully decorated and had anything you could possibly need during your stay. They were new, clean and immaculate. I was very suprised at the size and how nice they were.
We were there for a wedding, and it was a prefect setting....just what you'd imagine Belize would be like.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachBrat01
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

just got back from 11 days in paradise. We invaded pelican reef with a group of 60. We travel every year, and this was one of the best places we have gone. The accommedations were very nice, just as pictured on the web site. Housekeeping did a great job. Beds were changed every 3 days. Lori was wonderful to work with. The heart of this operation though are Elazar and Ceasar. They kept 60 people happy and arranged multiple excursions at a time. Everyone in our group was going in a different direction and they kept it all straight, not one problem. The food is also very good. This is not an all inclusive and no one comes to the beach to get your drink order but the beach is only 40 ft from the bar. They also have started an artificial reef under their pier so the snorkeling is good right there. We saw fish, rays, a seahorse, and eels there. There is also security patrolling all night.(not that there was any problem). One memeber of our group experienced a medical problem and had to remain in Belize 3 extra days Pelican Reef offered to let them stay without charge. Truly wonderful people.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank scubafanatic59
Batesville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

We arrived at Pelican Reef the evening of July 15th. Even though it was late, Lori and Eleazar greeted me and my family with much enthusiasm. Our villa was absolutely immaculate and stunning. Likewise, the resort property was well manicured and visually appealing. Lori went the extra mile to arrange a nice dinner for my birthday celebration that took place the second day of our week-long visit. Eleazar and Ceasar were extremely helpful and very patient with us. Their service was greatly appreciated. Even the security guards were friendly and informative. My son's (5 yr.old) desire to explore was satisfied without having to leave the resort. My daughter (17) was just as entertained by the resort's amenities. All things considered, Pelican Reef exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend this resort and hope to return in the near future.

1 Thank TenaciousJ