My new wife and I had a great time at this resort. The view was tremendous and very relaxing. Marlon, the manager of the hotel was very attentive and set up everything we asked to do. Including setting up Mayan ruin trips, restaurant reservations, island transportation and water transportation. He was very polite, and it was nice to have him around since we didnt quite know what there was to do. The dive shop here is very small but is run by 2 young guys that are very knowledgable with the marine life. I had never snorkelled before and was very bad at it until I started getting the hang of it ( btw, I found out not to breathe thru your nose). They were very patient and helped me get acclamated. Once I got the hang of it, they were very good at finding tropical fish, telling us what they were and finding things of interest. The restaurant and bar on site is good too. The food was some of the best on the island, and believe me , we tried everywhere from north to south. They serve 2 lobster tails instead of the standard 1 and its a few bucks cheaper with more flavor!!! The resort is also perfectly placed between the northside and southside of the island for us to go anywhere with ease. The only bad thing about the place was the upstairs neighbors, who were very nice, but we could hear them walking back and forth thru the seemingly thin ceiling in our room. Luckily they had smaller children and were in bed by 9pm:-). All in All , everyone was friendly and helpful and I would suggest this place to everyone. What they say is true, you go to Belize to visit and vacation and after it you want to live there. We looked at several places there to buy and we will definately be back. Look out Carribbean, Im going to come and suck more of the water thru my nose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away among tropical fauna and turquoise waters, White Sands Cove Resort sits 2.5 miles north of San Pedro, on the Island of Ambergris Caye. Just off the coast of Belize, our cozy boutique resort is tastefully defined by its unique balance of tranquility and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your White Sands Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Cove Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel White Sands Cove
- White Sands Cove Resort Belize/San Pedro