“Great Honeymoon”

White Sands Cove Resort
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My new wife and I had a great time at this resort. The view was tremendous and very relaxing. Marlon, the manager of the hotel was very attentive and set up everything we asked to do. Including setting up Mayan ruin trips, restaurant reservations, island transportation and water transportation. He was very polite, and it was nice to have him around since we didnt quite know what there was to do. The dive shop here is very small but is run by 2 young guys that are very knowledgable with the marine life. I had never snorkelled before and was very bad at it until I started getting the hang of it ( btw, I found out not to breathe thru your nose). They were very patient and helped me get acclamated. Once I got the hang of it, they were very good at finding tropical fish, telling us what they were and finding things of interest. The restaurant and bar on site is good too. The food was some of the best on the island, and believe me , we tried everywhere from north to south. They serve 2 lobster tails instead of the standard 1 and its a few bucks cheaper with more flavor!!! The resort is also perfectly placed between the northside and southside of the island for us to go anywhere with ease. The only bad thing about the place was the upstairs neighbors, who were very nice, but we could hear them walking back and forth thru the seemingly thin ceiling in our room. Luckily they had smaller children and were in bed by 9pm:-). All in All , everyone was friendly and helpful and I would suggest this place to everyone. What they say is true, you go to Belize to visit and vacation and after it you want to live there. We looked at several places there to buy and we will definately be back. Look out Carribbean, Im going to come and suck more of the water thru my nose.

1  Thank Jeff c
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Good to see you loved Belize and had an adventurous first snorkel ;) Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Had a fantastic time in Ambergris Caye, and at White Sands Cove Resort.

The grounds were just immaculate (seriously... not a leaf out of place), the rooms were comfortable and clean, and the on-site restaurant, while minimal, was really well done. While several very good restaurants are also within a short walk up or down the beach, even more is within your reach if you use one of the bicycles that they have for guest usage.

Marlon was seemingly always there, and was ready to help with just about anything that you could need help with.

The on site dive shop was very well run, and the dives we sent on were all very nice. Directions were clear, the sites chosen were interesting, and everyone from the office to the boat itself seemed very professional.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. And plan to. :-)

Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Glad you had a pleasant stay. See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

It was our first trip to Belize. My boyfriend and I never felt more relaxed. It's a small resort with the feel of being home, well manicured, and has a very friendly staff. It's secluded and surrounded by tropical foliage. We would return in a heart beat! We had the most magical time!

Room Tip: The water taxis are the best way to travel.
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

If you want a customized, personal Belizian experience, this is the place to be. The grounds and rooms are immaculate and Marlon's goal (the manager) is that you have a memorable experience. We like to be active and wanted to do an adventure other than what the big tours offered. Marlon,using his connections, found a tour that took us tubing and hiking through 7 caves. Marlon always goes out of his way to meet any request guests might have. White Sands also has a wonderful dive shop on site. We went snorkeling and scuba diving with Junior, Yemen and Tanya at the dive shop. I've tried scuba before, but my ears ached yet Junior was able to help me adjust at a pace where I could actually enjoy the scuba experience without pain. Overall the crew at the White Sands provided a fun, friendly and relaxing vacation experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

The staff thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We left 3 days open not knowing where we would wanna go after 6 days on Caye caulker. We are so happy that we chose White Sands Cove. Marlon, the owner, was attentive from the initial call to book the room all they way to the last moments of getting to airport. He was my fiances wing man in his proposal to me. He got us bikes, kayakes, fruit, champagne, whatever we needed. We had a beautiful room overlooking the ocean for 2 nights. It was large, comfortable and clean. The second room was gorgeous also, even bigger, clean and cool. The pool was always clean, cool and refreshing. You could be in it and look at ocean. Their bar is outdoors, with nice seating everywhere. They play island music which adds to atmosphere! We ate there a few times also. For a couple that didn't want to go all over the island, let alone to San Pedro town, we were never "bored" etc. the place is very fun and relaxing. We also enjoyed the fact that t was not crowded ever. Very private and secluded. I'm happy to say I got engaged there!!

Room Tip: Getting a second story helps for ocean views, but all are good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
girlchisholm, General Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Congratulations on your engagement! Nice to see you had a great experience!!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Staying at White Sands Cove was a wonderful experience. My husband & I got married on the beach a couple of weeks ago & found it was the perfect fit for us. It's a small property that seems to attract a really great group of guests. The staff were always asking if everything was ok & very prompt to help out. We had a ton of luggage between the diving & things we brought for the wedding...they brought their wheel barrels up to the taxi & made a few trips to our room for us. Doris (the bartender) made me a bouquet of flowers for the big day, Marlon the property manager never seems to stop & always has a smile & a greeting, Luis, Estelle, the grounds staff, the cleaning staff, Yemin & JR at the dive shop...all so friendly & willing the help. The rooms are kept clean & have everything you need. We actually stayed in 2 rooms while we were there. First we stayed in one of the beachfront rooms...I could get up at 5 a.m. with my coffee & watch the sun rise over the water. There was a full kitchen & living area seperate from the bedrrom. Beds & pillows were comfy. We then moved to the Hummingbird Loft which was the Honeymooners room...we love love loved this room. The finishings were beautiful...the room feautured beautiful wood with vaulted ceilings...it had a small kitchenette in the main entry & then a small set of stairs to the lofted bedroom with a big walkin closet & a lovely bathroom area. It had a huge deck...in the morning it was partially shaded & we could listen to the birds in the trees with our morning coffee. The pool was kept clean & well maintained. You can either buy groceries or eat lunch or dinner at the poolside bar restaurant. Restaurants such as Aji, Ak'bul, Palapa, & Capricorn are within walking distance for a change of scenery. Bikes are at your disposal to ride to town...although I personally found it too hot for such excursions. The Coastal Express or Water Taxis are also available to get to town for a fee. Belize is a beautiful, friendly little country that we hope to revisit...I think one of the highlights of my trip were Chico & Chica the resident pooches at White Sands. They learn who the dog lovers are & cash in on all the attention you will give them...if you aren't a dog lover, they quickly learn that & move on to those who are. All in all a wonderful place to stay with some wonderful people.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are wonderful for the view...even though they were located on the beach path, we ne...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TERESA M
girlchisholm, General Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Glad to hear the wedding went well. Everyone loves to assist in the "big day"!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was by far my best stay ever in a resort! I have traveled around the globe several times and visited every continent on this planet, though this was by far my best experience ever! I am so happy to have spent 3 days at this resort in May 2012... it was simply fantastic!

Nice and professional staff, the most professional and genuine manager, Marlin, I have ever met at a hotel!!! Marlin made more effort than I would ever have imagined to make sure that our stay was the best one could ever expect! And the bartender was just super nice and willing to share all kinds of information that made our trip worth while! All the little things you need to know that just locals do!!!

And finally, I would like to highly recommend the diving crew running the diving shop and snorkeling excursions to Hol Chun marine reserve!!! You made my dream come true! I snorkeled with sharks!!!! Something wish I thought would not happen for as long as I live!

I have been afraid of sharks my whole life, but the very pedagogical and psychologically well equipped Junior, our guide, made me feel more safe and secure than ever before. It is quite extraordinary and simply astonishing that I continued to snorkel the whole reserve despite swimming with sharks!!!!!!!!!! Junior just talked to me out of my panic and fear, listened to me about all my concerns in such a concerned, genuinely understanding, and respectful way, convincing me that I was perfectly safe with him, being the expert on marine life at the site we snorkeled....

On last greeting goes to Riley, Chico and Chica, the amazingly kind, funny and loving dogs that take care of all the guest at this hotel. Riley escorted us to dinner at a restaurant on our first night and made sure that we got back safe, chico and chica just made us smile!

Room Tip: The period from May until end of November is low season!!! Best prices at this time!!!! We stayed at...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zhaleh Y

Thank you for the review! I'm sure Chico, Chica and Riley miss your company :)