Belize in You, Belize in Me, Land of the Free! That is what we were greeted with on our first day in this amazing country. We decided to take the San Pedro Express boat ferry to Ambergris Caye which is where we began to fall in love with Belize. While we were packed in like a downtown subway train in rush hour, it was beautiful to see how the regular people travel and to experience the Sea. Once in San Pedro,we finally found Isiah and our way to the market. Don't go to the "Kmart" go to Steve's across the street or to SuperBuy (3 blocks behind Fido's) which have more choices and better prices. But we were smack in the middle of the Independence Day Parade which was colorful and joyous. So much fun.
Once we reached White Sands Cove, we knew we were going to love it. Marlon met us with a smile, as he was patiently awaiting our arrival. The property was amazing. Clean, well built, exceptionally landscaped to capture the peaceful serenity of the natural environment. We loved our two bedroom ocean front room. As a former hotelier, cleanliness is next to godliness and this place was almost perfect. I will always find a corner or a rouge hair in the shower that needs attention, but this place gets a 9 out of 10. And we loved having a kitchen to make breakfast and lunch.
The food at WSC is very good. Chef Miguela is creative. Some dishes are a little salty, but that is because I don't normally cook with salt, so I'm sure most folks would be exceptionally happy. Doris is a sweetheart. She was always at our service with a smile and makes some of the best rum punch ever!!! Ask her to add a little clubsoda to it to make it light and bubbley.
Make sure you go see Bernie and Tony at the Dive Shop. For $400 USD you can snokel all day and visit Caye Caulker. These guys are awesome and Bernie is "the fish whisperer"...swim with him and you will understand!
A perfect pool, bikes, kayaks and Chica and Chico round out all the goodies that you will have at your fingertips. I highly recommed travelling in off season. We had the whole place to ourselves. This may have been our first trip to WSC but it will not be our last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away among tropical fauna and turquoise waters, White Sands Cove Resort sits 2.5 miles north of San Pedro, on the Island of Ambergris Caye. Just off the coast of Belize, our cozy boutique resort is tastefully defined by its unique balance of tranquility and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your White Sands Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Cove Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel White Sands Cove
- White Sands Cove Resort Belize/San Pedro