“Stopped by for lunch and drinks”

White Sands Cove Resort
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Didn't stay here, but stopped by for happy hour and jerk lobster.
A great place to go for cheap afternoon drinks. The jerk lobster was delicious - so flavourful and really, really spicy - but, if you can't handle spice this is definitely not the meal for you. Not to worry, the offer lots of other dishes if jerk isn't for you.

Can't comment on the accommodations, but the grounds and the pool were kept clean.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I just returned from 5 fantastic days being a guest at this amazing place! I was met immediately at the San Pedro Airport as promised by a driver and taken to White Sands Cove. Ward the manager was there to greet me personally to take my bags and escort me to the bar/grill for a welcome treat. I stayed in the Hummingbird Loft, and it was everything and more than the pictures represented. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, and they were willing to do anything you asked of them. The grounds are maintained and groomed to something quite beautiful. My view from my private, screened-in porch overlooked huge trees full of birds and thousands of dragonflies...so awesome. The food at the bar/grill was also very good...I never disliked anything served to me. Doris the bartender was so friendly and fun to talk to as well. Also, the guys in the dive shop were very accommodating and took me on the most ridiculously fun snorkeling excursion to the reef and then on to hold and play with nurse sharks and stingrays....unreal! Let's not forget the resident pooches Chico and Chica either; they were so nice and just loved to have their bellies scratched and fed with whatever you offered. Chico even secretly followed me to my room last night in the rain while I was carrying my bike-delivered Pirate Pizza from town. I had no idea he was there until I heard his little toenails sneakily following me up to the 2nd floor. I am already planning my return trip over Memorial Day weekend. I can go on and on, but trust me it was that good.

Room Tip: There are many options for couples or singles who want near the pool or ocean, but the lagoon/garden...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank oceanboy75
Reviewed 29 November 2013

After 14 years we made our return to Ambergris. Previously we stayed in San Pedro Town. White Sands Cove was the perfect spot for my wife and I. The location, amenities and super friendly staff made us believers in White Sands Cove and put it at the top of our list for the location to return to with our two kids. Thank you Ward, Jenna, Doris, Marlon, Manguella, Chris and of course Chico and Chica. I would consider the area around WSC to be the "mid-town" of the island - comfortably located 2 miles north of busy downtown San Pedro Town, but not too far "uptown" to miss out on convenient spots like, Aji, the Lazy Croc, Ak'Bol, Palapa Bar and Pirate's Treasure - all places where we could walk to and enjoy the company of very friendly and interesting people, not to mention terrific menu options. WSC has a terrific menu as well and the hands down best chef in the area. Travel by golf cart, bike or boat will get you to any spot on the island. Many excursion opportunities are available and can be booked through the dive shop. All things considered, WSC is a terrific value and clearly the spot we'd suggest those new to Ambergris. Counting the days until we return again.....

John & Kris - Harrisburg, PA

Room Tip: Beachfront second floor is the best spot.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here during low season in October of 2013. We had an oceanfront room with a beautiful view! The room had AC, so heat was not an issue. We used the complimentary bikes to explore the island. The restaurant and bar at the resort is fantastic. We went on a fishing trip and caught some fish and they cooked it up for us! The staff are incredibly friendly and informative. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole_Starr
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I loved our recent stay at White Sands! Staying north of San Pedro gave our vacation the feel of being on a private island. Getting to town was an easy $5 water taxi ride away. The staff at White Sands were excellent and professional. Marlon, Ward, Jenna and Luis were excellent hosts. They told us about a halloween party at a hotel in San Pedro, taught us how to fish, gave us fresh coconuts to drink from, set up our kayaks, gave us directions on where to ride our bikes on the beach, the list could go on! It was our 5 year wedding anniversary and when we had dinner at the White Sands restaurant, the chef and bartender, Miguela and Doris, went above and beyond making us feel special by decorating our area where we had dinner. The food was delicious, drinks tasty, and everything was reasonably priced! The 1 bedroom condo was the perfect size and made us feel at home, every morning waking up and seeing the ocean really made it feel like paradise! I can't wait to go back to Ambergris Caye and I know when I do I will be staying at White Sands! Thank you so much for a wonderful vacation White Sands!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

First trip outside North America and was a little nervous and uneasy. All those fears were immediately resolved by a very friendly and inviting country. We took the tropic air flight from Belize City to San Pedro Island. Very smooth with no issues. Caught a water taxi to WSC and was greeted by the most amazing staff ever. Ward and Jenna do a masterful job of running the resort. Down to earth and very friendly. We got settled in immediately and were kayaking out to the reef within an hour and doing some snorkeling. Marlon opens the bar in the morning with fresh coffee and greets you with a smile and friendly conversation while relaxing in the ocean breeze. Doris was awesome. She takes care of the bar area in the afternoon and evening hours. Just a real sweetheart. And Chef Miguela was amazing. We would bring her our catch for the day and she would prepare in a new way everyday. Truly unique and incredible. Plenty of other places to eat and get drinks up and down the beach. Just ask for help from the WSC and they will point you in the right direction. Make sure to take advantage of the Belize Pro Dive Shop that is on location at the WSC. Bernie, Lewis and Pedro were all top notch guides. We went snorkeling, swam with the sharks, trolling, spear fishing and scuba diving. You will truly be in excellent hands and shown a great time. We caught a Huge African Pampano and some Baracuda as well as some black snapper. I will post some pics as soon as I get them together. Thank you to WSC and all the amazing staff for my best vacation ever!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kennyb33
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Belize in You, Belize in Me, Land of the Free! That is what we were greeted with on our first day in this amazing country. We decided to take the San Pedro Express boat ferry to Ambergris Caye which is where we began to fall in love with Belize. While we were packed in like a downtown subway train in rush hour, it was beautiful to see how the regular people travel and to experience the Sea. Once in San Pedro,we finally found Isiah and our way to the market. Don't go to the "Kmart" go to Steve's across the street or to SuperBuy (3 blocks behind Fido's) which have more choices and better prices. But we were smack in the middle of the Independence Day Parade which was colorful and joyous. So much fun.

Once we reached White Sands Cove, we knew we were going to love it. Marlon met us with a smile, as he was patiently awaiting our arrival. The property was amazing. Clean, well built, exceptionally landscaped to capture the peaceful serenity of the natural environment. We loved our two bedroom ocean front room. As a former hotelier, cleanliness is next to godliness and this place was almost perfect. I will always find a corner or a rouge hair in the shower that needs attention, but this place gets a 9 out of 10. And we loved having a kitchen to make breakfast and lunch.

The food at WSC is very good. Chef Miguela is creative. Some dishes are a little salty, but that is because I don't normally cook with salt, so I'm sure most folks would be exceptionally happy. Doris is a sweetheart. She was always at our service with a smile and makes some of the best rum punch ever!!! Ask her to add a little clubsoda to it to make it light and bubbley.

Make sure you go see Bernie and Tony at the Dive Shop. For $400 USD you can snokel all day and visit Caye Caulker. These guys are awesome and Bernie is "the fish whisperer"...swim with him and you will understand!

A perfect pool, bikes, kayaks and Chica and Chico round out all the goodies that you will have at your fingertips. I highly recommed travelling in off season. We had the whole place to ourselves. This may have been our first trip to WSC but it will not be our last.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms give you a great view of the sunrise and the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends