“Amazing massage and fantastic set up”
Review of Asian Garden Day Spa - CLOSED

Asian Garden Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide Professional Massage Therapy treatments, body scrubs, body wraps, Reflexology and Manicure and Pedicure. Our therapists have a minimum of seven years experience and are mature, intuitive individuals.
Manhattan Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Amazing massage and fantastic set up”
Reviewed 24 December 2007

Came to Asian Garden Day Spa based on the review here and was not disappointed! We booked the starlight couples massage and it was incredibly relaxing and beautiful. The courtyard in which they give the massages is really beautiful and a welcome escape from the busy streets of the island. Carmen and her husband were very nice in offering us ginger tea afterward and had a great conversation, exchanging our traveling stories! This place is a definite stop if you are in San Pedro...

4 Thank UTgirl0224

New York, NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“My favorite place in San Pedro!!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2007

Thanks to tripadvisor my husband and I learned about Asian Garden Day Spa. We had the most wonderful experience there. We booked the twilight couple's massage and it was truly the best massage experience I've ever had -- even better than the couple's massage we had on the beach in Maui. Their courtyard is lovely and the massages were great! It was amazing looking up at the moon and stars while being massaged. They had a fun shower for us to use at the end and then we were off to the dinner reservation they so kindly arranged for us. We will definitely return!

11 Thank LNV123
Caribbean
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 2 June 2006

My husband and I escaped to Ambergris Caye for our 25th wedding anniversary. While driving from the airstrip to Victoria House we passed Asian Garden Day Spa. We briefly peeked into their garden courtyard and were so initially impressed that we knew we needed to scout it out. Later that day I met one of the owners, Brian, who is also one of the massage therapists. He showed us their beautifully appointed (and scrupulously clean) treatment rooms. However, once he mentoned they offer a couples massage in the courtyard in the evening, I was sold. They have two; one in the early evening and another a little later which offered a view of the night sky and stars. We opted for the latter.

Upon our arrival, the courtyard was illuminated by tikki torches which was stunning against the flowering plants and palms. The night breeze was just perfect. Background music was complemented by the natural, outdoor sounds of birds. It was so incredibly romantic.

Brian and his daughter, Kristin, are certified massage therapists. My husband wanted a deep tissue massage and said that Brian gave one of the best he had ever had. Kristin is very insightful and melted my knots and tension by applying smooth strokes mixed with pressure along energy lines. I learned later that Kristin and Brian learned traditional massage in London, and then studied in Thailand where they learned Thai massage. Kristin is also certified aesthetician and they offer a nice mix of facials and body scrubs.

Asian Garden is a family business, and they welcome you and treat you as family. They also provided us insight on their favorite restaurants (El Fogon and Casa Picasso)! Our visit to Asian Garden Day Spa was one of the most incredible experiences of our trip. Surprisingly, the spa is a new addition to the island but would certainly be a highlight of any visit to Ambergris Caye.

27 Thank BeachWanderlust