“Spa is on a busy street - total rip off”
Review of Asian Garden Day Spa - CLOSED

Asian Garden Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide Professional Massage Therapy treatments, body scrubs, body wraps, Reflexology and Manicure and Pedicure. Our therapists have a minimum of seven years experience and are mature, intuitive individuals.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spa is on a busy street - total rip off”
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The only reason that someone would go to a spa is for the ambiance and this place totally lacked it. The massage is always good so you can't really rate a spa based on the massage alone. We read about this spa in Lonely planet quide and booked the couples starlight massage. It was totally NOT worth it for $170US + tips.

The house is on a very busy street (opposite Ramons village resort) and is a main throughfare is the city. The spa itself is very nice with a zen garden feel and neat and clean and that is where they have the 2 massage tables setup for couples. The minute we arrived there, we knew that there was no way that we could get a massage in that space since this area is located in the front of the house, facing the street with only a door to close off the street noise. The manager told us that when the doors to the garden are close and the music is loud, then the street noise does not bother anyone. We tried that but it was not a santuary by any means. I am not sure what the other couple are talking about but DONT NOT go there to have a relaxing massage since its a total rip off. Also, who wants loud music to drown the street noise.

We finally got a massage in different rooms inside where the street noise was a bit less since its indoors but 1 of the wall of the rooms are abutting the street and I heard trucks and dogs barking while I was being massages... not a very tranquil place. The massage itself, I would rate a 3 out of 5. Other than that, this place is a total rip off and I would NEVER recommend anyone to go there esp. couples for a romantic massage.

I am not sure if when Lonely planet guide reviewed this place, the street was not very busy. they are also the oldest spa in the island so I guess people have heard of them. I kept asking if they had just relocated coz I couldnt beleive that other reviewers would recommend this place. They have always been at the same location.

Also, when someone says the "Sunset" massage, I was thinking that were might be a view of the sunset. No, there is absolutely no view and its in an enclosed space. I would recommend that you pay the extra $20 or so to get a massage by the beach.

1 Thank Pree_SF

Washington, DC
“Serene and lovely”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My husband and I booked a sunset couple's massage here, and I love, love, loved it! It was about $170 USD for two people for a one-hour massage plus a glass of water and wine in the garden afterward

We got there early, around 5:45 or so (appt. at 6), but they had everything ready to go and got started right away. They have a small courtyard between the house and the property's gate, which is where they performed the massages. The garden is very serene, with plants and little waterways...it just feels like you're stepping out of the street into something completely different.

I don't know the name of the girl who gave me the massage, but it was one of the best I've ever had. Perfect pressure. They used nice lavender and peppermint oils. I do have to say that both my husband and I were sunburned and the peppermint oil was a little painful at the time. There was music playing on a speaker system, and they kept alternating a playlist of 2-3 songs (Enya and a few others). It was kind of cool because you kind of zone out of the music and that helped with the relaxation.

When we started the massage (face down) the sun was still up, but by the time they flipped us over, the sun had set and you could see stars. It was so cool.

Afterward, they encouraged us to take our times getting dressed, and sat us in the garden to let us sip a glass or water (first) and then later, pinot grigio. The women who runs the place (others have said her name is Cindy) was very friendly and even helped suggest some places to eat and not eat.

My husband did say he got a little distracted by the sounds of the motos driving back and forth in front of the garden during the massage (the house is located on a busy road). It didn't bother me as much.

All in all, a great way to spend a birthday! I hope we can go back someday. So glad we decided to book with this place

Lake Tahoe, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Treat yourself.”
Reviewed 15 May 2010

After weeks of traveling, I decided to splurge and booked a couples deep tissue sunset massage for my boyfriend and I. When calling for a reservation we asked what time they closed and she said 5pm, before asking what time we would like to come in. When we said 6pm, it was no problem at all. The owner Cindy, her daughter ZZ, and the staff greeted us upon arrival and we got right to business. There was no question that my masseuse had 15 years experience. Both ladies were very professional and one of a kind. For being in the center of town, the setting is surprisingly tranquil as soon as you enter the gate. The complimentary ginger tea was delicious. Without a doubt, I would highly recommend using Cindy's services.

1 Thank Squallywood
North Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Do The Sunset Massage!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2010

My new husband and I had the sunset couples massage. It was a wonderful experience! The little spa is beautifully appointed, and the tropical setting is lovely. Our massages were followed by a quiet glass of chardonnay on the patio where we had received our treatments. It was tranquil and intimate. The experience was everything a couples massage should be. In short, the Asian Garden Day Spa comes highly recommended by a long time massage therapist who has worked at world class spas.

Miami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

We visited Asian Garden Day Spa shortly after they opened in 2006 and we've been back every year as we bought a time share on the north island. We came initially for our honeymoon and experienced their couples massage which is the best we've experienced anywhere. We couldn't get in last year and tried a competitor nearby in a Belizean "strip mall" (It was disappointing...) I regret not having written a review earlier as we wanted to keep the place our little secret,, but it has become a "must do" you need to know about. Entering the garden is one of those transforming moments and to be able to spend an hour or two here is a highlight. Their therapists are as good as any I've tried and the services they offer are on par with a high end spa here in the States.

3 Thank MiamiTaz