“Mayan Islands”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mayan Islands Resort
Ranked #51 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Chicago, Illinois
“Mayan Islands”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been to Belize three times now and have to say it is one of the most relaxing, beautiful places on earth. This was my first stay at Mayan Islands and definitely won't be the last. Everything here was top of the line. The villas were huge, with private infinity pools and spectacular views. The food was great, fresh and made to order. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The location is a perfect combination; totally private but just a short boat ride to restaurants, clubs, shopping and other attractions. My wife and I were only there for 3 days and hated to leave. We will definitely be back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms have fantastic views and amenities, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dave W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Though I have been to San Pedro, Belize many times for its culture, climate and the best diving in the world, The Mayan Island Resort gave me a new perspective. The resort is the most relaxing I have ever visited. The Staff is incredible. The are all quick to help in any situation and well versed about the local culture. The chief, Marlon was as talented and creative culinary out there. Brendalie, the resort manager was readily available and knowledgeable to all that this private island paradise has to offer.

Room Tip: All the Star Island villas have fantastic views of the ocean and beautiful white sandy beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Joel C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Traveling for business has become a way of life for me and I am rarely surprised and when I am its usually not good. So when I have the opportunity to travel for pleasure my expectations are a little higher and Im more demanding of a quality experience.

Stepping into the Mayan Island resort was like walking onto the set of Fantasy Island. We were greeted at the Clubhouse with a tropical beverage and a smile. The rules of the resort were explained to me, their are no rules. Eat when you want, the chef seemed to be on duty 24/7. The water shuttle was at our disposal at anytime during the day, shopping, or evening for clubbing. The night life is fantastic fun and safe.

The accommodations are really spectacular. Each Villa was designed by famed Architect Coby Carp and it shows in the details from the huge timbers holding up the vaunted ceilings to the native furniture throughout our two bedroom. The private infinity pool behind overlooking the lagoon was a focal point.

As I mentioned the chef was extremely accommodating preparing foods to our request using local seafood/fish.

I can go on but I'm starting to sound like a travel writer. Bottom line if your looking for a unique fun, exotic vacation not to far from home this is the place

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Gary D
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I came to this island with my wife wanting to get away and relax. Didn't want to have to deal with phones or any other business situations. We only stayed a long weekend, Friday to Sunday. This was our most relaxing weekend we've had together in a very long time. The breeze that's constantly present feels as though it's peeling the stress off you one layer at a time. The food at the Beach Club is the best I've had on any Island resort. I'd give it a 6 out of 5. Extremely fresh and using all the local flavors to enhance the taste. The salt water pool at the Beach Club was very relaxing and being that it is salt water, it's also very healthy for you. The accommodations were stunning. Very large and spacious rooms all with a kitchen, living room, master bedroom and a spare bedroom. Very large bathrooms with a rain shower head. There's also even an outdoor shower. If you wanted to go to San Pedro for a little nightlife or to just take in the scenery, it's only a 5 minutes boat ride that the crew gladly takes you. My wife and I will definitely be going again in the very near future.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew H
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I can't tell you what it feels like to be on a Private Island Resort.

You just have to go to this exotic getaway.

The staff is friendly and the service is outstanding!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends