Me and my girlfriend visited Belize for the first time and after reading the reviews here and doing some additional research we decided to pick this resort. Looking back, we both agree that it was a great choice. The beach and resort look exactly like the pictures. There was plenty of privacy and the owners were very good at giving us our space while being friendly and accomodating during our few interactions with them. Everything is new and in good condition and very clean.
I'll go over the cons first as they are fewer in number. The location of this resort is far from the town so you have to take the water taxi which costs about 12 bucks US each way. Also, while the managers are clearly competent and great hosts, they were very adamant to limit interactions with the staff and us. I understand their point of view, but in our case our interactions with the staff made our trip much more authentic, and I feel that perhaps some of the staff got in trouble for hanging out with us.
Now I'll go over some of the pros. The water is absolutely stunning on this beach, it's completely clean thanks to guys raking the beach every morning, The sand is wonderful, and the water is so shallow and warm it's a complete joy to swim in. You can also see stingrays and barracuda right off the dock. I also saw a school of needle fish right off the shore. The resort itself is in great shape and the rooms and cabins exceeded our expectations. It's nice to have a balcony to sit by and enjoy the ocean view. The staff are very hospitable and accommodating. Marlin one of the staff let me use his fishing equipment and showed me some good spots during his time off. I got sick during my trip and one of the female staff from the restaurant gave me a bunch of cold medicine that I believe saved our trip, Angelino even went to town and bought me some nighttime cold medicine as well. Jairo the gardener cut a bunch of coconuts for me and my girlfriend and put them by our room without us even asking him. You could tell the people that work at this resort love their jobs and they paid great attention to make our trip special. When I was sick, various hotel staff came by to see how I was doing and to offer any help that they could. When my girlfriend went to order a sprite for me while I was sick, Elder the bartender actually came up to my room to pour the drink for me and to ask if there was anything else I needed. These little things made me and my girlfriend feel very welcome and happy for choosing X'tan Ha Resort. Carlos and Oscar at the restaurant were very welcoming and professional and it was always a nice treat having Carlos deliver our meals to the beach or to our room. Last but not least Miriam was great at keeping in contact with us prior to our trip and booking our flights to and from the hotel. She was also great at answering our questions about the island and helping us out.
Overall it was a great trip and we're in the process of purchasing property on the island. We would definitely go again and we recommend this resort for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline. X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, HRS, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro