We did an extensive search for the right combination of resort facilities, price and location for our anniversary vacation. X'Tan Ha did meet our expectations with what they advertised.
We made our reservations within the 45 day period, as we were pretty sure of not cancelling...though we bought travel insurance too, ...just in case. The resort arranged for the flight from Belize Int'l airport to San Pedro, and put those charges onto our hotel bill...which was convenient. They had a cab driver meet us at the baggage claim in San Pedro, and take us to the boat dock...which is just a 10 min walk away. TIP : Do not take up the driver's offer to go to a local grocery store to stock up - he'll tell u that it's hard to get groceries up at the resort, which is true...but the store he brings you to is in cahoots w/ him....and the bill had additional items in it (we found out too late) that probably goes to his pocket. Also, the store charges more than others....you can always come back via the coastal express, and shop later. BTW, the resort provides a 5 gallon water bottle ...so you needn't worry about clean drinking water.
The boat ride was covered by the resort (2 way transfer), but we had to wait for another group who took their time 'shopping' around for about 1/2 hour. The actual ride took about 25 min, dropping the other group off first, ...XTanHa is about 7 miles north of San Pedro.
Greeter was at the dock to welcome us with welcome drinks....sweet. Checked in, and got our room key w/ a flashlight. Resort looked just like the pics. online....very colorful. Water's warm...in the 80s. Mosquitoes come out at dusk, ....and man, were they vicious. Had dinner at the restaurant on site, which was decent...but pricey though.
Each villa has 4 suites, ...we had one that faced the beach...which was great....we got the morning sun. There's a fridge and small kitchenette, with the necessary utensils, microwave and water dispenser. Coffee, condiments and filter were also provided. Bath was OK, piping could do with some fixups....water's a bit salty (they may be running a de-salination plant somewhere)....we never drank from the tap....only from the dispenser. Wash sink has no stopper plug though.
Bedroom was adequately lighted....ceiling fans w/ light in all rooms. WiFi reception was good where we were. Bed was a bit soft for our liking though we slept well all nights. They had decorated the bed since they knew it was our anniversary....nice ! There's adequate drawer space, and hangers.
The sand was very fine....but the beach has lots of stuff washing ashore....the staff had to sweep up the twigs, leaves, stuff....three times a day. It's not dirty at all, just that there're lots of stuff washing ashore, mostly from mother nature. The water's shallow out to about 300 yards....well, up to wait deep, shoulder depth in some places. Kayaks, paddle boards are provided at no charge....took a kayak out to the reef, about 0.8 miles out, fun !
There's a bar too, but we didn't patronize that....nor the activities center. There's no fitness room here, so we had to go to San Pedro to burn our calories.
Return to San Pedro was pre-arranged, ...however, the taxi that met us at the dock in San Pedro ONLY transferred our luggage. We had to walk to the air terminal. This was a surprise to us, but no big deal as we already knew our way there, and it's only a 5-10 min walk. Mind you, the day's temps are in the 90s, in Sept/Oct. And the humidity's very high....we perspired all the time we were exploring San Pedro.
All in, we had a great vacation, and X'Tan Ha did made us feel welcomed and relaxed. For the price we paid, it was worth it. Great for first timers and repeat visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline. X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HRS, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro