We spent 4 nights at X'Tan Ha and had a great experience. As long as you understand the boat schedule(free boat shuttles run off and on during the day and Coastal Express has a regular schedule that's $8 in to town) you'll be good getting in and out of town should you want to do that. They have complimentary kayaks, a great pool, and the setting is spectacular. They have the best beach, no contest, of any of the resorts in the San Pedro area. The staff is super friendly and happy to help you figure out any restaurants you may want to go to, where to look for tours, or anything else. We ate at the on-premise restaurant and the food was good. The table service was definitely a bit slower than you'd expect in the States, but let's face it; if you are at X'Tan Ha, you are there to relax and slow it down anyway. So, enjoy a Belikin Beer, chat with the wait staff and say hello to Oliver(the manager of the resort and a super nice guy). At the front of the resort is a bar that sits right off the dock and juts into the ocean. You can sit at tables in the water if you want to or up at the bar on the dock. It is probably the most beautiful bar setting I've ever seen anywhere in the world.
There is a tour company on-site called No Worries Tours. I'll cover them in a separate review. But here I'll say that they did very well for our snorkeling tour and the convenience of working with them when you are staying at X'Tan Ha cannot be beat.
If you are planning on doing tours extensively, you'll do great basing yourself at X'Tan Ha for all the water based stuff. If you want to do a mainland tour(Mayan Ruins, Cave Tubing, etc) you are better off planning an extra day on the mainland at the beginning or end of your trip. It will save you a ton of time and money. Plus, once you are out on Ambergris Caye, you aren't really going to want to leave anyway.
Finally, from the X'Tan Ha website you can link to the local grocery store. It's about a 2.5 mile bike ride if you want to go there from the resort(probably better just to pick up stuff in town before you head out). But, they do deliver for a nominal fee and it's great to cook up a quick breakfast while the sea breeze blows through the front door of your suite.
My wife loves laying on the beach and I tend to get restless and want to do "stuff." So this place was perfect for both of us. Complimentary bikes are available to take a ride down the beach, the kayaks are there, you can rent snorkeling equipment for $5/day and of course the tours are available. Try X'Tan Ha, you won't be disappointed. Great for couples on a honeymoon or families on a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline. X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro