“Had an amazing vacation at X'tan Ha Resort!!!”
Review of X'tan Ha Resort

X'tan Ha Resort
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Everything from the time we arrived for our 7 day vacation was fantastic!!! Great beach front room, fantastic views and wonderful staff. The tours we took thru No worries tours were great!!! Kayaked out to the barrier reef 3 times - the location of this resort is perfect. If you really want to feel away from it all this is the place to go. Water taxis are available all day to take you anywhere on the island. Great for families or couples - can't wait to go back!!! Our daughter got sick while we were there and Stacy at the front desk couldn't have made it easier. She arranged everything, appointment with the Dr. transportation and they staff even checked on our daughter after we returned. Cannot say enough about our experience. You won't be dissappointed!!!

Room Tip: I think it's a good idea to order some groceries for you arrival for breakfast and snacks. The...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Oliver D, Manager at X'tan Ha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Jennifer,

Thanks so much for choosing X'tan Ha and for taking your time to share your experience.

Stacey wanted to send her best and she hopes Nour is feeling better. That is the beauty of Sandy Point Resorts, even our Corporate team gets involved at the front line level to make sure our guests are truly enjoying their vacation.

On behalf our entire team, we look forward to hosting you and your family again.

There are newer reviews for X'tan Ha Resort

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent about a week at X'tan Ha (June 28 to July 6, 2014). Look NO further if you are headed to Ambergris Caye. X'tan Ha has the best beach of any resort on the Caye. The apartments were spacious and clean and all of them have beautiful views of the ocean. It was so relaxing to lounge in the hammock on our porch and listen to the waves and feel the breezes.
Upon arrival, the X'tan Ha welcome begins as the staff meets you at the boat with fresh, cooling hand towels and a delicious rum punch. The staff's kindness and sincerity were constant throughout our stay. Basically, the people working at X'tan Ha are just lovely people.
No Worries Tour operators were extremely accommodating and fun to be with, and we loved swimming with the sharks!
The gentleman at the beach bar took good care of us and made us delicious drinks.
Lorraine and Chef DJ, who run the restaurant at X'tan Ha, whipped up amazing lobster dishes.
Mr. Oliver, a very kind gentleman, manages X'tan Ha and he is most caring and professional. One of the things I loved most about this resort was that you could do as much or as little as you felt like. No pressure at X'tan Ha.
Very importantly, when you go to X'tan Ha, don't forget to reserve time for the Belizian massages, and do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a 90 minute one right on your balcony.
We will certainly be back to Xtan Ha. Upon leaving, we were told by staff, "see you next year"................to which we replied, "no, we'll be back this year!"

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be a great choice. They all have views of the ocean. You can pay a little...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carmelmansour

From all of us at X'tan Ha Resort, thank you for choosing X'tan Ha Resort. Our resort, tour shop and restaurant staff are so happy to have made positive impacts on your time with us and we look forward to hosting you again. This year, right?

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent 4 nights at X'Tan Ha and had a great experience. As long as you understand the boat schedule(free boat shuttles run off and on during the day and Coastal Express has a regular schedule that's $8 in to town) you'll be good getting in and out of town should you want to do that. They have complimentary kayaks, a great pool, and the setting is spectacular. They have the best beach, no contest, of any of the resorts in the San Pedro area. The staff is super friendly and happy to help you figure out any restaurants you may want to go to, where to look for tours, or anything else. We ate at the on-premise restaurant and the food was good. The table service was definitely a bit slower than you'd expect in the States, but let's face it; if you are at X'Tan Ha, you are there to relax and slow it down anyway. So, enjoy a Belikin Beer, chat with the wait staff and say hello to Oliver(the manager of the resort and a super nice guy). At the front of the resort is a bar that sits right off the dock and juts into the ocean. You can sit at tables in the water if you want to or up at the bar on the dock. It is probably the most beautiful bar setting I've ever seen anywhere in the world.
There is a tour company on-site called No Worries Tours. I'll cover them in a separate review. But here I'll say that they did very well for our snorkeling tour and the convenience of working with them when you are staying at X'Tan Ha cannot be beat.
If you are planning on doing tours extensively, you'll do great basing yourself at X'Tan Ha for all the water based stuff. If you want to do a mainland tour(Mayan Ruins, Cave Tubing, etc) you are better off planning an extra day on the mainland at the beginning or end of your trip. It will save you a ton of time and money. Plus, once you are out on Ambergris Caye, you aren't really going to want to leave anyway.
Finally, from the X'Tan Ha website you can link to the local grocery store. It's about a 2.5 mile bike ride if you want to go there from the resort(probably better just to pick up stuff in town before you head out). But, they do deliver for a nominal fee and it's great to cook up a quick breakfast while the sea breeze blows through the front door of your suite.
My wife loves laying on the beach and I tend to get restless and want to do "stuff." So this place was perfect for both of us. Complimentary bikes are available to take a ride down the beach, the kayaks are there, you can rent snorkeling equipment for $5/day and of course the tours are available. Try X'Tan Ha, you won't be disappointed. Great for couples on a honeymoon or families on a vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great but the truth is that even most of the Pool Views have some ocean view...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cdayontheedge

Thanks again for staying with us and for taking your time to write this thorough review to share with other travelers. It was truly our honor to host you and we look forward to hosting you again.

We are so happy that X'tan Ha provided the perfect balance for your and your wife to enjoy your vacation and look forward to hosting you again!

One note - our parent company provides complimentary transfers to and from Sand Pedro Town for guests upon their arrival and for their departure. During your stay, a great way to get to and from town and points in between, is to ride our local "water bus", the Coastal Express. Passes can be purchased at the Front Desk and simply posted to your account for payment upon departure. The cost is currently US$8 per person from X'tan Ha to town.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at X'Tan for 5 nights, following a stay in the jungles of Belize. The resort looks exactly as the pictures depict, which is unusual as most of the other resorts we passed looked dates compared to their pictures online. We were met with rum punch and a gorgeous view.

Rooms: They were spacious and clean. The kitchen was great to have! The shower had a sulfur smell, which I have read is common on the island. Only complaint with the room was that 3 things broke during our stay: the ceiling fan, front door lock, and the AC. Each time, the staff were very apologetic and worked quickly to get it fixed. It still was a damper though, as we had to wait around a few times for things to get fixed.

Food: I didn't like the restaurant ambiance at all. It was way too hot and everyone eating there seemed uncomfortable. On the third night, we figured out we could order food and eat at the bar on the beach. MUCH better option! I would highly recommend doing so. The food was good, but nothing too exciting.

Bar: One of my favorite parts of X'Tan! Amazing staff and a fun time. The bartenders were all so personable and we especially loved Obie! The bar is over the ocean and when compared to the Palaba bar (the famous bar down the coast a bit also over the ocean), the X'Tan bar was a million times better!

Beach: We had heard it was the best beach in Ambergris Caye and I think it was! Not as much sea grass or coral as other resorts. It seemed like some people were coming from other resorts to use the beach. Just snorkeling there, we saw rays, blue crabs, and a wide variety of fish. Nothing compared to the snorkeling tours, but still pretty awesome!

Tours: we only booked one tour through the resort. The actual tour guide and snorkeling was great. But we were told it would take 20-30 minutes to get to our destination. It took over 1.5 hours due to all of the stops. I wouldn't have minded if they were just honest. We also used Searious Adventures while we were there and I would recommend them instead. Better service and you get way more for your money.

Overall, I think I would stay here again. I like that it was secluded and not very crowded.

• Stayed: June 2014
Oliver D, General Manager at X'tan Ha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at X'tan Ha Beach Resort,
And thank you for taking time to write a review. Thank you for your comments about us being
A quiet ,secluded paradise as that is our goal . We will always want guests
To feel like this is their favorite Happy Place, and we will always work diligently
To be certain that guests will feel welcome to return to our happy smiling resort.

You came as a guest and but left as a friend. Hurry back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent a week at the X'tan Ha. Staff was fantastic. Beach front room was cleaned very well each day. Beautiful beach, pool, and lots of activities for kids. Kitchen worked out great as we prepared 1-2 meals per day. Great resort for families or couples. Everyone we talked to had a great time and enjoyed their stay very much.

On the grocery issue - I'd recommend not ordering from the company they recommend. Go into town, or stop when you arrive. There is a Super Buy grocery store that has everything you'll need with much better prices.

If I had to nitpick, the only things that were negative were our bed and distance from town. The bed was really soft and sort of caved into the middle. It worked if you slept on the either edge of the bed, but if you got trapped in the black hole, it was very uncomfortable. To be fair, I've had as bad a bed at hotels in the US.

By the end of the week, I was pretty tired of taking the Coastal Express. We went into town 6 of our 7 days there and it was costly and tiring. You end up scheduling everything by the two hour interval of water taxi trips. We found out on our last day that a private Coastal Express charter was $53 as we missed the 8:30 PM by literally 30 seconds.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LSLTraveler
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place is amazing! The pictures are exactly how it looks, so don't worry about being mislead by photos. It's paradise in Belize. We stayed for 9 days here and everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was very quiet and serene. There were always beach chairs and pool chairs available. The cleaning staff always did a great job and since some mornings we slept in, they generally waited until we left the room to clean as to not disturb us. There are ACs in every unit so climate control wasn't an issue, but there was always an ocean breeze blowing. Even when there was rain, it was only for about 10 minutes and then the sun came right back out. We didn't do the excursions because we were just looking to relax but there are plenty of activities that can be arranged, as well as the front desk will happily make reservations for you at nearby restaurants for them to pick you up by boat. It was truly an amazing experience.

Going to town is a short boat ride, but beware goods are little more pricey than they are back in the states.

I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for an amazing view with a relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room on the 2nd which was great, I actually preferred it because I could see the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I don't even know where to start. First don't worry X'tan Ha looks just like the pictures, honestly probably even better. After getting off the water taxi my jaw dropped at how beautiful it is. Its really like a slice of heaven. The staff is so friendly and welcoming. Anything you need room wise Krysta at the front desk will make sure is provided for you. I traveled by myself so it was great that the staff was so welcoming! Upon entering my room not only was a birthday card waiting for me but also champagne and littles leaves on the bed that spelled out happy birthday. The rooms are very spacious and set up like apartments. The inside is spotless and have a modern rustic feel to them. The kitchen has a stove, mini fridge, microwave, and they provide a big water cooler so you have fresh drinking water. The bed is amazing, I swear I think they sent people to heaven to bring back pieces. As soon as your body touches the mattress you feel like a baby in a warm blanket. The bathrooms are spacious and nice and the shower has a little bench for you to sit on. I ordered groceries from Mata Grande which were waiting in my room when I got there, but I definitely won't on my next trip, I will just bring snacks with me. The bread they delivered had mold and snacks would have easily replaced what I cooked. The small touches like the hammocks on the patio of your room really make this resort amazing. Almost every night I sat out there and looked at the stars and there are a lot to see with not much light pollution, I even saw quite a few shooting stars. Only downside, I sometimes had to move around to get an internet signal as it would drop at times, but who really needs internet on vacation. The bar at the resort is very lively and bartenders Fabio and Obie-wan-kanobi are awesome. You will love them they even took me into town and showed me some great places to hang out and eat. The USA world cup game was on so there were a lot of people hanging at the bar to watch. I love the hammock seat they have and tables right in the water so you can eat and drink right off the bar. Make sure you don't forget to autograph the ceiling while you're there. The only downside would be to have a better happy hour, drinks can be expensive and there's not very much of a selection on the happy hour menu. The beach is pristine, the grounds keepers are up early cleaning the beach and removing the seaweed. There are plenty of beach chairs and you never feel crowded on the beach. Even with the proximity to the bar you still feel relaxed and at peace. Take a snorkel right in the shallows of the beach and you can see schools of different fish hanging out. There are kayaks, paddle boards, and a sail boat that you can take out all complimentary. Make sure you take the kayaks out, a 25 to 45min paddle (depending on winds & current) and your right at the Mexico rocks reef and amazing free snorkeling!!! Major word of advice, make sure you tie up the kayak on the buoy at the reef or take the kayak with the cinder block, other wise the current will drag the kayak off, I learned the hard way luckily a group spear fishing brought it back and tied it up for me while I snorkeled (the people are so friendly). Hill with no worries tours, HANDS DOWN THE BEST!! I told them the number 1 thing I wanted to do was see the ruins at Lamanai as there weren't enough people at the resort to go, no worries found another company to take me which was amazing (note: seaduced was an hour late picking me and had I not had the amazing staff at X'tan Ha call I wouldn't have known what was going on). Hill's company is amazing. The staff are always keeping you up to date on activities and I loved how Hill asked everyone after their different excursions how they enjoyed it and if there was anything to make it better. He truly cares not only about what he does but the customer. I went on the Hol Chan/shark ray alley trip with no worries and it was amazing. Not only were we well taken care of with water and sodas but on the snorkel trip we had different unique fish pointed out to us and were informed about the reef. I like that I didn't feel constricted during snorkeling, we followed our guide but I still was able to hang back and explore (just make sure you keep track or your group). The resort is about 7 miles from downtown which is about 20min on the water taxi, you can bike it along the beach, Im a serious runner and 7 miles is my warmup so I would jog there and back as excerise which was ok to me but I'm sure the average person will not be doing that. The restaurant is very nice on the inside, the food is about a C- and pricey by quality. I had the coconut shrimp twice, its very good. The burgers aren't that great. They are very thick but if you go with kids and since most kids are picky & a burger & fries are normally a child's go to they probably won't like it. As an adult I notice the taste difference and its ok but the taste difference for a child won't go over well, people with children will probably understand that. The calimari I had was pretty terrible, the service was excellent tho. While I was there it looks as tho they are building a pool with a swim up bar, can't wait to see how that looks when its finished. Overall I would give X'tan Ha 4.5 stars, not a full 5 just because of the restaurant food and price, having a better happy hour, and dropped internet. The resort is great for everyone families, couples, and solo travelers. Its a nice size but small enough that you get to interact with the other guests and find yourself hanging out with each other, which was important to me since I was a solo traveler. Even if your not traveling by yourself make sure you get to know the other guests, that was another part of why my trip was so amazing, the bar is a great place to do that! I don't need to look into any other hotels, X'tan Ha will be my home away from home.

Room Tip: All the rooms have pretty good views. If you have a "pool view" room in the center or on t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo