We've just returned from a 2 month stay at the Sunbreeze Suites. We loved it and are making plans to stay again next year. The staff is so nice and helpful. They took great care of us.
I would like to address some negative comments we read on tripadvisor before we stayed there.
The beds had some bad reviews but they have recently been replaced. The beds got replaced during our stay. They now have pillow top Beauty Rest. They are very comfortable! I don't know if every room has a new mattress so you might ask when booking.
Sun on the pool: This was another negative comment we read. I'd like to say it depends on what time of the year it is. The comment about no sun ever on the pool is a complete exaggeration. We arrived in early January there was sun on the pool area until 11:00ish. By the first of March there was sun on the pool area until 2:00 or later. They also have deck chairs on the beach where you can get as much sun all day long that you could possible want. My husband has had some skin cancer issues so we appreciated there always being a shady spot to sit.
The kitchen is great! It's pretty well furnished with pots, pans, skillets, bowls, knives, a cutting board, and a place setting for 4. They also have microwave, blender, coffee pot, and toaster. They supply coffee and filters, creamer, and sugar.
Every window in the suite has a black out curtain, makes it great for sleeping in. Then during the day you can open them up and there are sheers for privacy but will still let in plenty of light.
The bathroom is good too. No tub but great water pressure in the shower and plenty of hot water.
We liked being on the ground floor. We were in room 102. It's kind of tucked in a little bit when it got too windy we were protected and when it got a little stuffy it was easy to move our chairs out next to the pool in the breeze. I would recommend Sunbreeze Suites and will be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Suites is situated in the laid back beach town of San Pedro, on the popular Ambergris Caye. At our front door, the town welcomes you to join in the fun, and out our back door, you are just a few steps from the Caribbean Sea and the largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere (a UNESCO world heritage site). SunBreeze Suites is comprised of twenty comfortable one bedroom vacation suites overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Each Suite comes with a private balcony from where you can enjoy breathtaking sunrises, refreshing cool sea-breezes and romantic moonlight nights. We offer complimentary WiFi to keep you connected with your loved ones. It is within walking distance to grocery stores, entertainment centers, local and gourmet restaurants, banks, fruit shops, caffes, and Belizean art galleries. This San Pedro Hotel offers an open air-beach front restaurant & bar, pool, dock, and Free Wi-Fi in-suites and common areas. Jambel Jerk Pit Restaurant & Bar offers a fusion of Belize's signature flavours with the perfect blend of Jamaican Cuisine. Carefully selected spices are utilized which are sure to tantalize your taste, while the exceptional aroma awakes you! Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily). Offering "All you can eat buffet on Wednesday with live music from 6:00 pm to 9:30pm and Happy hour on Fridays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. " Belize Dive Connection" a well known and respected dive operation for over 15 years now, just an 8 minute stroll away, provides The SunBreeze Suites' guests with safe and professional diving. Diving, Snorkeling, Beach Picnics, and/or Fishing trips are just a few of the many tours available from this beachfront hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SunBreeze Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze Resort San Pedro
- SunBreeze Suites Belize/San Pedro