“spacious rooms”
Review of SunBreeze Suites

SunBreeze Suites
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 25 November 2013

if you are looking fo space this is the place for you. You can sleep on the sofa itself or the sofa bed and smaller couch.
On the downsde, the restaurant is Jamaican jerk, the bar is limited and closes at 9. My room was 301 and it is located next to the cemetary
It was clean and the staff were very nice and helpful especially Francisco!
The pool is extrememly small with limited chairs. Luckily we reached out to the Sunbreeze Hotel (where we thought we would be staying) and hung out at that pool and much larget restaurant.
There are no beaches in San Pedro!

Room Tip: try not to get the side of the cemetary

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Lovely rooms with fully equipped kitchens. Very clean, nice furnishings, comfy beds. All suites have ocean views. Pool and bar. Great breakfast at the in house restaurant. Fabulous service from Francisco and Ivan, as well as the ladies at reception. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms were great. Ground floor was nice for pool access. 3rd floor had fabulous views.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Sunbreeze Suites is a great property. The location is fabulous. Walk out the front door and you are in the city, where you have access to shops, banks, bars, restaurants. Walk out the back door and you are on the beach which also gives you access to restaurants, bars, vendors. Each room is a suite, we used the kitchen a lot, saving mucho money. They contact you after you book it to see if you will need a ride from the airport, and see if you have questions before you arrive. We arrived early, and the easiest thing to do was just get a taxi from the airport. The cost ws $5.00. Everything is within walking distance, but for those unable to unwilling to get some walking in you can also rent a golfcart to run around the island. Great time, even though we had rain most of the week. Would recommend and would like to go again.

Room Tip: Except for a few of the rooms in the corners, all the room locations are great
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great location....in walking distance to shops and restaurants. Had a room on second floor so got great views of the water. Staff was extremely nice and helpful with all our needs and request. Couldn't have been more satisfied. Will definitely be back. Thanks to all the staff at Sunbreeze Suites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We really liked Sunbreeze Suites. All the rooms look out onto the ocean and we were lucky enough to get one on the third floor (301) which has a larger patio than most of the other rooms. The suite was clean and the bed was comfortable, and a huge plus was that they have central air throughout the suite which was a nice relief from the heat outside.

The restaurant below has very good Jamaican food and we highly recommend eating their jerk lobster! The staff is also very friendly and helpful!

The location of Sunbreeze was great because we dove everyday and the dock is right in front of the hotel where they can come and get you. The hotel is also close to many different restaurants and shops. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

3  Thank Explorer_Trish
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Even during the booking process, this place had it's act together! I had email correspondence with a gal from the place discussing several possible dates for our arrival. When I was able to set my date, I called the Sunbreeze Suites to book the room. I happened to call on a Saturday, and the lady I had emailed was not in. The girl at the front desk was not aware of my emails, but handled the booking like a PRO! She took my reservation and confirmed my dates. She assumed I was telling her the facts from my emails and booked our snorkel as well. She later confirmed with the gal I had emailed and I got another email with everything just as I had asked! (GREAT first impression!)

Our suite was clean, spacious, and set up perfectly as our home away from home. The full kitchen had everything we needed to cook several meals during our week long stay. We have been in Belize for several months, and I am aware of the quality of products available for purchase here. The Sunbreeze Suites had high quality cookware, and the appliances were some of the better quality available in Belize. I must comment on the others who have said that the furniture was not as new as they had expected. Belize is a "Developing Nation"; some would call it a "Third World" country, but I feel that sells Belize short. The fact is, it is difficult at best to bring new furniture into Belize. It is VERY difficult to bring new furniture to the island. If I had to estimate, I would guess the furnishings were about 5 years old. That's still new by Belize standards. It was clean, well maintained and COMFORTABLE! I will miss that bed until I get back to the States! I felt the furnishings were just lovely!

The housekeeping girls were consistent as to what time they arrived to clean. It was nice to be somewhat expecting them and not be surprised in the middle of a nap. Overnight one night, a bunch of moths moved into our balcony and set up camp. I mentioned it to the housekeeper, and she promptly brought some spray and eliminated them. She swept up the mess, and left the can of spray for us. "I don't know how many got away." she commented. Her pleasant demeanor smoothed the incident.

The on-site restaurant staff also made our stay more pleasant. We enjoyed their company, and they make a stellar mojito! The food was Jamaican style, lots of jerk flavor. I am not an adventurous eater, and they offered to prepare items suited to my taste. I did try the jerk chicken one night, and I was surprised at how much I liked it! My husband is a chef, and he ate several other meals there. I think his favorite was the conch cerviche. All in all, the restaurant is definitely an asset to the hotel! Attitude is everything, and the fun loving attitude the restaurant staff has is contagious! You will have fun, you just can't help it!

Although we stayed this time without our children, I looked at and judged the room based on our family's needs. We generally book suites wherever we travel as our teens are not old enough to have their own room, but still deserve some of their own space. This room set up would be perfect for families! Early sleepers can be tucked away in the bedroom, and those who stay up later can sleep on the pull out sofa. I noted that there was no additional charge to use the sofa bed. Other places I have stayed, have zip ties on the sofa bed, and if the zip tie is broken, you are charged for additional people in the room. This was not the case here. It seemed as if we were encouraged to use as much of the room as possible. It's nice to feel so welcome.

I will surely stay at the Sunbreeze Suites EVERY time I am in San Pedro! Great value for the price, and it feels like home! GREAT job all!

2  Thank MelanieCampbell
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great Location,with everything right outside of your door.Nice resturaunt/bar on the beach,within steps of your room.Helpful,friendly staff.We really enjoyed our stay,can't wait to return.We were right in the center of San Pedro,but our room was quiet and relaxing. Private balcony had great ocean views.

1  Thank Sue W