This was our first time to Belize and SunBreeze Suites, it was the perfect place for us to stay. To start, the location was AMAZING!! We were right downtown, restaurants and bars along the beach and the main street. It was closer to the end of the main street, so you had a bit of privacy but close enough to the excitement (It is San Pedro, things are slow so excitement is a relative word) Everyone was so friendly and the service was great. They desk is open all day, they lock the front doors at night then there is security on to keep an eye out all night, so we felt very safe.
We were picked up from the airport in the Golf Cart and as we were checking in our bags were taken to our room. They had everything ready for us, and the Bellman took us to our room and showed us all of the features. Get the 5 gallon jug of water, it is worth it to have.
I am a diver but my wife does not and this hotel has a good mix of both. It is a small place, 20+ rooms all of with nice baloney and sea views. You get to know the people there and it becomes a nice dive community feel. Great pool area, very relaxing and the folks at Jambel the restaurant/bar were great and always had my bar tab running :-). They have live music several nights per week, so it is a good place to start an evening.
The rooms were spacious and very clean, our housekeeper was awesome I wanted to take her home. I read several reviews where there were complaints about the furniture and the beds. The beds seemed comfortable to me, but I guess when I think hard beds I think Europe where no matter where you go it is like sleeping on a cement slab. The furniture was tropical and beachy, probably a little older but in good condition and we are in a beach community in Central America not The W. Overall the room made me feel like I was on an island, and on vacation which is what I wanted.
The only thing i would do differently is not do the dive package. I enjoyed the dives with the associated company, but you can throw a stone and hit a dive operator on the beach outside and every one does something different, so worth hopping around. Amigos Del Mar for the Blue Hole trip!!
We will be back and stay there again.
This is not a huge place, but
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Suites is situated in the laid back beach town of San Pedro, on the popular Ambergris Caye. At our front door, the town welcomes you to join in the fun, and out our back door, you are just a few steps from the Caribbean Sea and the largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere (a UNESCO world heritage site). SunBreeze Suites is comprised of twenty comfortable one bedroom vacation suites overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Each Suite comes with a private balcony from where you can enjoy breathtaking sunrises, refreshing cool sea-breezes and romantic moonlight nights. We offer complimentary WiFi to keep you connected with your loved ones. It is within walking distance to grocery stores, entertainment centers, local and gourmet restaurants, banks, fruit shops, caffes, and Belizean art galleries. This San Pedro Hotel offers an open air-beach front restaurant & bar, pool, dock, and Free Wi-Fi in-suites and common areas. Jambel Jerk Pit Restaurant & Bar offers a fusion of Belize's signature flavours with the perfect blend of Jamaican Cuisine. Carefully selected spices are utilized which are sure to tantalize your taste, while the exceptional aroma awakes you! Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily). Offering "All you can eat buffet on Wednesday with live music from 6:00 pm to 9:30pm and Happy hour on Fridays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. " Belize Dive Connection" a well known and respected dive operation for over 15 years now, just an 8 minute stroll away, provides The SunBreeze Suites' guests with safe and professional diving. Diving, Snorkeling, Beach Picnics, and/or Fishing trips are just a few of the many tours available from this beachfront hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SunBreeze Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze Resort San Pedro
- SunBreeze Suites Belize/San Pedro