“Best Snorkeling Trip Ever”

French Angel Expedition
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I have snorkeled in Cozumel, Maui, The Bahamas , The Keys and numerous other destinations but none of them compared to the two hour adventure we had with Ash. The two spots we were scheduled for see were Hol-Chan and Shark Ray Alley. We swam with nurse sharks, loggerhead turtles and several different rays. Ash got into the water with us and basically led us in a guided tour over two straight hours. I wanted to see a spotted eagle ray and at Hol Chan he found us two of them. I saw a huge grouper and he brought it right up and we literally pet it. What an amazing experience! Most snorkeling excursions consist of a large overcrowded boat where you get dumped off and return when a loud horn blows. With Ash you get escorted on a relaxed snorkel where you will see some incredible fish of different shapes a sizes and the views are closer than any you may ever see again. This trip is worth twice what they charge you. The people on our cruise ship were taken to a snorkel excursion that was in their own words lame and a waste of time and money. That could never be said of this expedition with Ash and French Angel . Awesome!

1  Thank Scott W

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This company takes you out in a small motorboat, so it's six or eight people plus a guide....Marph was our guide, and he was terrific...he speaks two kinds of Mayan, plus English, some Spanish, and some creole. He also knows his fish! The ride out to the reef is fast and choppy, so a hat with a chin strap is a good idea.... Marph showed us some tarpon, some green turtles, a bunch of nurse sharks, southern stingrays, groupers, hogfish, wrasses, ballyhoo, horse-eyed jacks, and many others. We got to pat the sharks and rays, which was very cool, and saw a green moray eel come ALL the way out of his hole, which was exciting but maybe a little scary..... We were given wetsuits for this full-day tour, which helped us keep warm on a day which was not super hot. Some of the people we went with got EXCELLENT underwater pictures using a Canon SureShot with a special case for underwater....well worth trying! Lunch was served, and water was always available. A very satisfying day on the snorkel!

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Thank you Ash and the team you're first class!
First we booked a full day snorkelling; good price, small group of 7 with 2 guides Gerald and Gerald Junior. They were great and the day was great; saw lots of different fish, nurse sharks, turtles and rays. The first stop was a long one and I struggled a bit but without asking Gerald Junior came to the rescue and put a life jacket around my waste to keep me buoyant. This was a relief and meant that I could carry on enjoying the trip.
Trip 2 night snorkling!: what an experience I highly recommend it. Only 2 in the group and Ash as our guide. Wetsuits and torches provided; Ash pointed out the sites of the sea at night. Saw big crabs, lobsters, squid, many fish including a lion fish that Ash speared with a stick as they're not native and highly poisonous. No octopus but you can't have everything!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

The owner Ash and his staff are great. I went Bone fishing twice and Ash put us on to fish each time and had lots of tips. My wife and I also took advantage of the snorkelling trips he offers and again his staff were friendly and professional and made everyone comfortable. They had a great sense of humour that kept everyone laughing. They were also the only ones that gave their guests wet suits which were great when you got out of the water and into a breeze, and kept you from burning!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Went with Mark and Zac on a not perfect day. Afternoon trip to Coral Gardens and Shark Ray alley. So worth it. Great views of rays and sharks and beautiful coral. These folks know how to give you a good time.