“Great place!”

Tropical Paradise Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 92 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here one day, and the staff are very kind, we came back in the evening for drinks and a movie and they let us stay after closing time to finish it. Food was also very good, particularly recommend the nachos!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank killtacos

• Polish first
Roberts Creek, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,348 helpful votes
“Cannot Understand Why This Restaurant Does Not Have A Higher Rating!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We rented a place for the month and ate many, many times here (and at many other restaurants) but my wife and I both agree that the Tropical Paradise Restaurant meals and service were always spot on. We had breakfasts, lunches and dinners here and the seafood (which we almost always ordered) was always super-fresh and some of the specials offered (such as a jalapeno-cream sauce seafood meal) was a dish I REALLY enjoyed. Lobsters, breakfast omelets, the buckets of 6 beers and chips/salsa (with an accompanying plate of buffalo wings) - the perfect way to end a snorkeling trip - were always enjoyed and served by super-attentive staff who always made us feel so welcome and appreciated. We actually purchased there salsa a number of times to take to our rental it was so good (I think it was all the cilantro...) We were here during the wetter August/September months and if we were concerned about the odd mosquito (mostly out 1/2 hour before & after sunset) we just sat under a fan and asked them to turn it on. They even had mosquito coils out but it really never was an issue like an earlier TA pointed out... Great ocean view too - easy to find, just follow Front Street to the South and you run right into it!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Bruce L
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Average breakfast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I walked to the end of the island to this place because the place I wanted to eat at was closed. It is an open air establishment and I was the only customer there. I asked the waitress what she would suggest to eat that most people usually order and she suggested the huevos motulenos. It looks really good, but tastes really average. I ordered some fresh orange juice, but it tasted like it had been watered down. I would not suggest ordering this and I will try someplace different tomorrow for breakfast. The best place about eating here was the view of the water. Unfortunately between you and the water is what appears to be a cemetery. I might come back here for dinner one of the nights that I am here.

• Visited August 2013
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Ate here two nights during our stay. Their lobster and fresh fish were very good. Make sure you check their special board for what they have that day. Good bucket of beer specials too

• Visited July 2013
Belize
“Great food - but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Everything we tried on the menu was very good and the service and pricing was excellent. A great place for lunch and for take out but late afternoon and evening... watch out! The mosquitos will carry you away. They need to add or change the fans and clean up the weeds adjacent to the restaurant... probably the mosquito breeding grounds.

• Visited July 2013