“very solid spot”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Los Angeles, California
“very solid spot”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

nice place, big clean comfortable rooms. the front desk is very helpful & friendly. they serve decent enough coffee in the morning (enough to get a fix before you head out to breakfast) and have yoga on the roof!! it's probably the tallest building on the island and very central to everything. would be nice if they had bikes too, but those are easy enough to rent elsewhere.

Room Tip: the higher rooms facing the street have balconies & views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Finnish first
California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was a nice hotel with fairly large rooms and good AC. Only a short 2 block walk from the water taxi and centrally located for everything. No problems and the evening desk clerk was super helpful in helping me get a bucket to soak my swollen foot from a bug bite in the jungle, the day before. The roof top deck was large and open and great for evening beers or morning yoga. Its one of the highest buildings around and you can see from one side of the island to the other.

Room Tip: Only some rooms have balconies, so get a room at the front of the building, on the 2nd or 3rd floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Bracknell
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Surf and Turf package is in conjunction with Midas Resort in San Ignacio. We booked the full package which included transfers, excursions and all meals. There is no restaurant at the hotel so all the meals are at different restaurants around the island. The choices of places to eat were fantastic from a local spot with sublime cinnamon rolls for breakfast to freshly barbequed lobster and a cocktail for dinner. We loved the variety. The trips were tailored to what we wanted and we fished, canoed and went snorkelling in shark ray alley.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here on the Surf and Turf package which i really recommend ..They organize everything for you such as Deep sea fishing, snorkeling and all meals..You need do nothing but enjoy the sun, the sea and the friendly people..The hotel is clean, comfortable and spacious..All the employess are friendly and will do whatever it takes to please you..I will come back for sure

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel advertizes in room internet. We didn't have it. the manager told me people who have an Apple can always get internet. He told me that most people have an Apple, so the advertizement is valid. A clerk told me that people in rooms with balconies can get internet on the balcony. I had reserved a balcony room, but they did not have one available when I checked in.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank occasionaltraveler97
CCPLAZAHOTEL, General Manager at Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
I am sorry that you felt it was necessary to give Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel (CCPH) such a negative review even after we had come to a mutual agreement. We tried to assist you as pleasantly as we could and when we realized we could not help you, we gave you a FULL REFUND for the days you were canceling. We did not give you the refund because you threatened to write a bad review because we will not be held hostage to the fear of bad reviews. Like I told you, it is your prerogative to write your review. However, I felt I had to respond to this review because I find it is unfair to give CCPH a rating of 1 because your device could not get wireless internet.

Apple devices only came up because my iPhone was able to pick up the wi-fi connection where your device was not able to. At no time did I mention anything about more people having nor about the superiority of Apple devices. It was just a matter of my personal device being an Apple iPhone, and me wanting to show you that wi-fi connection was available.

I will end in saying that my staff and I try our best in making our guests happy. I feel that message has been repeatedly confirmed over our past reviews.

Joanna Arellano
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Really great place to stay. Staff went out of their way to help. They lent us towels for the beach and called a local laundramat for us. Room nice, and it had a safe that worked and good tv too.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jenniferandco
Marin
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a nice mid range hotel, very clean with comfy a bed, a fridge and safe. There is a bakery next store so mornings smelled great!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
#35 of 53 in San Pedro
Pedro's Hotel
Pedro's Hotel
#31 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!