“Convenient, Comfortable and Accomodating”

Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very good location within walking distance from the water taxi. Great location for walks into town in the evening or along the beach strip for the day. Nice large well air conditioned rooms with large comfortable beds. Corridors are bare but hey.. you don't spend time in the corridors.
Perfect for a few nights stay, they will even assist in booking your onward travel and i think they are agents of Tropic Air and don't charge any hidden fees.

Room Tip: Just ask the very helpful reception. Go for 1st or 2nd floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We travel frequently to Caye Caulker. This time we chose to give the Caye Caulker Plaza a try. We were not disappointed!

The Plaza is very central, very close to the restaurants, water taxi terminal and club/bar strip of caye caulker.

The rooms: An eye for details

We very much liked our room. Bed was great and comfortable, the A/C worked like a charm but we switched to open windows and the ceiling fan very soon as the sea breeze on the third floor was refreshing enough.
The room came with a TV, a minibar you can fill yourself (supermarket is just across the street), a big safe (big enough to fit a camera and a big macbook in it) and awesome showers.

The rooftop: Epic views

The rooftop is accessible for all guests. Almost every day (except sunday, I believe) you can do Yoga up there, sometimes at night and sometimes in the morning (exact times are posted). We just went up to do our own fitness routine when we felt like it and enjoyed the views over the island and the caribbean sea. There are picnic benches up there to hang out too and enjoy the sunset.

No restaurant, but ...

The Plaza has no restaurant, but that was not problem for us. The island's best restaurants (Rose's, Habaneros, Rainbow Grill) are just around the corner and we like to eat in different places during our vacation anyways.

Service: Great

There's always a friendly face at reception - around the cock (not standard in Caye Caulker). Also, there's free coffee and above-average wifi for guests.

Overall: We're coming back.

We're definately coming back to the plaza. The value for money is hard to beat. A very nice combination of services and no-frills accommodation to enjoy one of the most beautiful places I know: Caye Caulker!

Room Tip: We had room # 309 - quiet and with a nice balcony!
1  Thank travelinkraut
Reviewed 8 April 2012

nice place, big clean comfortable rooms. the front desk is very helpful & friendly. they serve decent enough coffee in the morning (enough to get a fix before you head out to breakfast) and have yoga on the roof!! it's probably the tallest building on the island and very central to everything. would be nice if they had bikes too, but those are easy enough to rent elsewhere.

Room Tip: the higher rooms facing the street have balconies & views
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was a nice hotel with fairly large rooms and good AC. Only a short 2 block walk from the water taxi and centrally located for everything. No problems and the evening desk clerk was super helpful in helping me get a bucket to soak my swollen foot from a bug bite in the jungle, the day before. The roof top deck was large and open and great for evening beers or morning yoga. Its one of the highest buildings around and you can see from one side of the island to the other.

Room Tip: Only some rooms have balconies, so get a room at the front of the building, on the 2nd or 3rd floor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Surf and Turf package is in conjunction with Midas Resort in San Ignacio. We booked the full package which included transfers, excursions and all meals. There is no restaurant at the hotel so all the meals are at different restaurants around the island. The choices of places to eat were fantastic from a local spot with sublime cinnamon rolls for breakfast to freshly barbequed lobster and a cocktail for dinner. We loved the variety. The trips were tailored to what we wanted and we fished, canoed and went snorkelling in shark ray alley.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here on the Surf and Turf package which i really recommend ..They organize everything for you such as Deep sea fishing, snorkeling and all meals..You need do nothing but enjoy the sun, the sea and the friendly people..The hotel is clean, comfortable and spacious..All the employess are friendly and will do whatever it takes to please you..I will come back for sure

Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel advertizes in room internet. We didn't have it. the manager told me people who have an Apple can always get internet. He told me that most people have an Apple, so the advertizement is valid. A clerk told me that people in rooms with balconies can get internet on the balcony. I had reserved a balcony room, but they did not have one available when I checked in.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank occasionaltraveler97
CCPLAZAHOTEL, General Manager at Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

I am sorry that you felt it was necessary to give Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel (CCPH) such a negative review even after we had come to a mutual agreement. We tried to assist you as pleasantly as we could and when we realized we could not help you, we gave you a FULL REFUND for the days you were canceling. We did not give you the refund because you threatened to write a bad review because we will not be held hostage to the fear of bad reviews. Like I told you, it is your prerogative to write your review. However, I felt I had to respond to this review because I find it is unfair to give CCPH a rating of 1 because your device could not get wireless internet.

Apple devices only came up because my iPhone was able to pick up the wi-fi connection where your device was not able to. At no time did I mention anything about more people having nor about the superiority of Apple devices. It was just a matter of my personal device being an Apple iPhone, and me wanting to show you that wi-fi connection was available.

I will end in saying that my staff and I try our best in making our guests happy. I feel that message has been repeatedly confirmed over our past reviews.

Joanna Arellano