“"clean and relaxing place to stay"”

Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“"clean and relaxing place to stay"”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed 6 nights in Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel. The prices of the rooms were reasonable , lots of space and great AC . Wi-fi worked in our hotel room. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Our family were so thankful to the management for arranging our tour guided trips . We will stay there again and recommending everyone who are interested to explore the beauty of Caye Caulker, Belize to stay in CCHP

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and rooms with double bed in higher floors are quieter. Choose room with ba...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
Fort St. John (Northern BC)
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I did a one night stay here. Everything was pretty good. Standard room with lots of space. The rate was 75 usd for the night. The shower was large and the bathroom was nice. I do have to say the large gap in the shower door made for a nice puddle in front of the sink and it did take a considerable amount of time to get warm, so long in fact I thought warm showers must not be an option at this hotel. The water only started to get warm near the end of my shower!

You have to leave your key at the front desk when you go out. I was not a fan of this. I understand some people party and get drunk and lose their keys, for some reason it made me uncomfortable and I guess if they really wanted in my room, even if I had the key out, they would have a spare.

I was on the third floor with heavy luggage and although I was helped up the night I was checked in by a gentleman at the front desk there was no help for me in the morning when I left.

Overall I was happy with my stay though, the reason I give this hotel 4 stars is because there was nothing super special about it. It was inland and although it was very nice it was just that.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Considering that this island does not have 4-5 star hotels I stayed here and loved it. The only thing I did not like was the view from my balcony. The oceanside views were sold out. Was clean and quiet. The bed made too much noise for me but oh well it is what it is. LOL. I will stay there again when I go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The Caye Caulker Plaza hotel was a good choice for our family. Great AC to sleep in at night and to relax in (it rained the whole second day were were there - glad we had cable to pass some of the time). As others have indicated, this hotel is basic and not fancy, but it was clean and the lobby staff were helpful in answering all our questions. The wi-fi worked in the lobby, but not in our room (we stayed on the first floor North side). Beds were comfortable, but too soft for my preference. This hotel is very close to but not on the beach. If we returned, my wife and I decided that we would rather be in a hotel right on the water, and wished we had spent the extra money so that we could read and sip wine while watching the ocean. I thought the price/accommodation quality ratio was just right.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Pocahontas, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Plaza Hotel was not fancy, but had all we needed and was perfectly clean. It being on a small island, we walked everywhere we went. Belize is a beautiful country and the people are beautiful also. I only wish everyone in the world were as friendly as those folks. It was also
most enjoyable swimming with the manta rays, sharks, barracudas and all the gorgeous tropical fish. Hope to return there one day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed here with a group tour. The hotel is not on the water but is a 5 min walk or less. the Lobby staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are basic but air conditioned. the bathroom and shower are nice and new but the floor is so flat that the water doesn't drain very well.
The hotel has a rooftop terrace with a few picnic tables...it was raining while we were there so we did not get to enjoy it.
This hotel was ok for Caye calker....I would have preferred to stay closer to the water with a better view but we still enjoyed our stay.
Not the best set up for a group tour...but close to everything on the island.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was a well priced, comfortable, and clean hotel. It isn't on the beach, but the beach is very near no matter which direction you walk. It has all of the necessary amenities, AC, wi-fi, and private bath. The reception desk folks were always very helpful and friendly. I'd be surprised if you can find a better deal on Caye Caulker.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
#9 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#19 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!