China Town Hotel
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$147
US$131
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$80
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Beachfront
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
US$50
US$49
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$98
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2011

All I want in a hotel is comfortable and safe place to sleep that I can lock up my junk. This place worked. It wasn't fancy but it was clean and the A/C in the room kept it dry and comfortable. I paid $39/night. The courtyard/pool area looked like at good place to hang out if you wanted.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Although the air conditioned room provides a break from May's punishing sun, China Town Hotel provides little other bang for your buck. Internet, food, rooms and laundry are all expensive and none are anything to write home about.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The first room we looked at smelled horrible so we asked to look at an upgraded room. The size was nice and it was fairly clean so we decided to stay. The staff was not very friendly and the room had issues. The hot water didn't work, the ac unit barely got the room cold enough to sleep. Speaking of the ac unit, it leaked so much water right out the door they had to put a 5 gallon bucket under the outside unit. Over night it would over flow and water was all over the tile. It was a wonder no one slipped and fell. It was a big hazard.
Little did I know was the unit leaked on the inside because my luggage was under it. It wasn't until I grabbed something out of my bag did I realize it was full of water. As for the restaurant, you'll have to wait a very long time for your food and it was poor quality.
At night the staff fought and talked very loud.
The pros were the pool, the size of our room and view from the roof top.
I'm normally not a complainer but I've stayed on Caye Caulker to many times in the past to know there are plenty of other places at the same price for much better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeanTroyDean
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My husband and I were craving chinese food, so we went to the restaurant in the China Town Hotel. We were a bit intimidated when we walked in. The place was full of locals hanging out drinking. And not in a good way like the rest of the island. In a "we're drunk and high and looking for an excuse to get in a brawl" kind of way. Lots of shouting and yelling and showing off. We asked the waitress to make our order to go thinking we'd get out of there faster. We waited 30 minutes for our food. And when we got it back to our hotel room, it all tasted burned.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2011

PRO: The courtyard and pool area were nice.
CON. The rooms left much to be desired. They didn't seem to be too clean. They were small. The electric lighting was very dim.
We didn't use the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2011