Wish Willy's reviews seem to run the gamut, and I think I can explain:
1. The food is very good and everything is simple and fresh, especially the seafood.
2. The atmosphere is fun and very Caye Caulker - communal picnic table predominate.
3. Prices are very reasonable.
4. The owner Maurice is personable.
5. BUT when they get in the weeds as number of diners grows as the night progresses, it can become agony. And appearing impatient or in a rush will deem you a pain in the butt customer ANYWHERE on Caye Caulker. To mitigate, one might consider ordering two rounds of drinks at a time (they will not object), ordering their final round and asking for the check at the same time.
If you are high maintenance, I suggest you avoid Caye Caulker altogether, but if you still must go, Wish Willy's may not be the best dining choice. For me, I will go back.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.