“Wonderful”

Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Best fried chicken...period! Great price too. The service is slow and their is usually only one waiter. The wait is worth it though. I would eat here every day if there were not so many other things I wanted to try.

There are newer reviews for Syd's

Reviewed 7 January 2014

great hostess, brought us the best darn fried chicken we have EVER had - reasonable prices and a homey feel - awesome

Reviewed 4 January 2014

As a vegetarian, I had a fajita or something along those lines and it was delicious! The rest of my family had their famous fried chicken and loved it.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stumbled on this place due to the help of a local Caye Caulker resident as it's a bit off the main strip. It wasn't busy, but was apparently a bit of an institution, having been there for many years. The food was local and tasty, though service was a bit slow - keeping with the Caye Caulker mentality, "go slow!". It had a neat little courtyard in the back that in better weather would likely have been a great spot to hang out.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Like many other reviewers we went back to Syd's again although we did it on the same day. I had awesome lobster burritos for lunch and heard so much about the fried chicken I had to go back for dinner. It did not disappoint