“Best chicken on the island”
Review of Syd's

Syd's
Ranked #34 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Liberty, Maine
“Best chicken on the island”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Walking by Syd's on day the owner & I struck up a conversation - he claimed they had the best chicken on the island. That evening I decided to check it out. He was right, not only hte best on the island but one of the best fried chicken meals I've had in years. The dining area was delightful - an outside patio in the back. The food was very good and plentiful, the service was friendly and fast. Other than the lighting being less than adequate the dining experience was very good. The dim lighting wasn't reason enough to keep me from going back for a second visit.

Visited March 2014

San Ignacio, Belize
“Great Fried Chicken”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

low price and good food.. look on 2nd street near water taxi. recommend for lunch and dinner. Garnaches very good as well

Visited April 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Great food at amazing prices!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were drawn to Syd's by the amazing smell of barbeque. Unfortunately, we got there after they were already sold out of the Saturday-night special BBQ chicken. We had the fried chicken, shrimp kebobs, extra fries, a beer and a water for 22 USD. Pretty unbeatable! The food was great and the atmosphere in the backyard is very chill. We really liked Syd's!

• Visited March 2014
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“I don't even like fried chicken but emptied my plate here.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Yep, normally hate the greasy stuff but this was really good.

Hands were not covered in grease , coating was crispy, not soggy and although it took a small wait to come out (we were told in advance it would be half an hour by the waitress/fine) it was a good and really cheap meal.

Thanks syds for showing me how good fried chicken can be, I still won't be eating it back at home though.

• Visited April 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Best chicken, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went here for dinner on our last night on the island & wished we would have discovered it sooner! I went with a party of 4 and we all enjoyed our dishes but I think the big winner was the fried chicken. My boyfriend got a 2 piece meal of this and declared it the best friend chicken he has ever ate, so much so that he ordered another 4 pieces so that we could all try it.

Visited March 2014