“Nice quiet place, next to all the fun”
Review of Sea Dreams Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Sea Dreams Hotel
Ranked #1 of 32 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Belize City, Belize
“Nice quiet place, next to all the fun”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Sea Dreams is very close to "The Split", well in Caye Caulker everything is near by.
I have been here in the past with friends, but like a number of recent additions: free breakfast, use of bikes, complementary beach towels, a fridge stocked with beers (of course they are not free, but reasonably priced) and last but not least a new deck on the roof top that has a thatch roof a number of hammocks and nice chairs with a great view.

In summary its a great place to stay and you get to watch your budget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gxg189

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Alberta
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Sea Dreams is a very nice B&B away from the hustle and bustle (although there isn't much of that) on Caye Caulker. The B&B is on the far end of the island near the beach at the split. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the mass of restaurants and bars on the island.

The staff here were helpful, the breakfasts were great, and the rooms were clean. We especially enjoyed the rooftop patio and the dock (where we read and sunbathed constantly). The only thing (not negative, but something to be aware of) is that the courtyard rooms were small, and because of the thin glass, not very private. If anyone was in the courtyard at any time, we could hear them and vice versa.

The staff booked us a day trip into Belize City to check out the zoo, Mayan ruins, and caves. It was a great trip! Their tour guide was an interesting character and I wouldn't say customer safety was his top priority, but we returned unscathed after a full day of fun.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2011

the location is just perfect. the rooms are beautiful, and as soon as you check in, you feel like family. the staff and the owner went out of their way to make us feel special. our last night there happened to be my birthday (and of course the hotel had surprised me with birthday flowers in our room), and all i wanted was to catch a fish. that night the owner showed up with everything i needed, and stayed with me on their dock until i landed my first bone fish. best birthday ever

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Costa Rica
Reviewed 24 April 2011

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in the Orchid House Cabana of Sea Dreams. We arrived at Caye Caulker without reservations and i've never been so happy to have not planned ahead (which is saying a lot because i NEVER plan ahead :) ). Our golf cart taxi driver took us around this very small island looking at a couple of places I had seen on websites. For an island that is this tiny, its amazing how diverse of locations you could find. We felt a little like Goldielocks and 1 bear (that'd be my husband) as the first place we looked at was just too remote, the 2nd place was directly across from the only souvenier, touristy spot on the island ... but then our driver recommended we look at Sea Dreams. The hotel is located at the far north of the island, right across from "the Split" which is a beatuiful, funky, fun beach area. Our first inclination was to rent one of the interior court yard rooms, which were lovely. But after climbing to the top of the palapa and looking around we both eyed the cabana wantingly. We made the decision to spend the extra money for our own little cabin ... and it was one of the best decisions of our trip. (As a side note - THE best decision was to go Cave Tubing at Caves Branch with a guide named Luis. If you go to mainland Belize don't miss this, but be sure to go on a weekend or any other day when the cruise ships denizens have not hijacked the river. Look for Luis in the parking lot) The cabana was the perfect size - the porch afforded us the opportunity to sit and watch the sunrise on our right side, and the sunset to our left - truly a unique experience. There were two managers on duty the five days, four nights we stayed there and I would be hard pressed to pick who treated us better. They made snorkeling reservations for us, booked a flight to the airport... recommended places to eat and in general provided us with exactly what we needed.
Again -the cabana was fantastic, the fresh fruit and baked goods for breakfast were amazing, access to bikes anytime you needed or wanted them is a service that cannot be discounted on this island... the physical place was great. However, the physical location is what just can't be beat. I got up one morning and got in the water on the East side of the split and swam all the way around to the West side, gettint out at the Sea Dreams dock - where else have you ever swam around an island and basically been able to see your "home away from home" the whole time?
So... in case you didn't pick up on this...I would HIGHLY recommend the Orchid House Cabana at Sea Dreams. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for the cabana or one of the apartments
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank arheasc
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We stayed at Apt 2.... You're getting exactly what you see at the hotel's website. The apartment is cute, clean, homey and at a perfect location. The bikes came handy when we wanted to explore the island. I l felt at home at this place. The pier is a few steps from the room which is great if you want to chill by the ocean, snorkel and/or swim to the split. I haven't seen the other smaller rooms but I can testify for this one!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rain1111
Ohio
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We will be visiting this location many more times. We couldn't have ask for a better location, although some might feel to far removed from "downtown". We are sun seekers and this location gave us immediate access to either the leeward side and a private dock or the windward side and all the fun things happening near "The Cut". Included with the room are, a very nice continental breakfast buffet, use of bicycles,use of canoe, private dock,and free wi-fi. We stayed in one of the more expensive apartment units but will probably scale down next time mostly because we didn't find time to take advantage of the kitchen amenities. If we were staying for more than 5-6 days probably the apartment would be back on our radar.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
saugatuck, michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I procrastinated booking my lodging on Caye Caulker. Sea Dreams was the only place available a month in advance of my trip. Boy, did I luck out! After looking at many trip advisor reviews and travel books I must admit Sea Dreams was not my first pick, but now that I've been there, it will be first on my list if I ever go back.

I was concerned about the location. Originally I thought I wanted to stay on the south side of the island. I'm really glad I did not. The south side is a long bike ride or walk to restaraunts, etc...

Sea Dreams is nicely tucked back off the main drag. It's no big deal that they aren't facing the oceanside either. The best thing about staying there is the private dock off the back side. It is a great place to spend the day, catch a sunset, or go for a swim. They also have canoes and bikes that can be great fun as well.

The rooms were nice enough. The beds were very comfortable. You don't spend much time in your room anyway. I would have liked to pay a little less, but the included breakfast, private dock, canoe, bikes, etc justify the cost.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple