Sea Dreams Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
See available hotels
Caye Caulker Condos(Caye Caulker)
  • Pool
CayeReef(Caye Caulker)
  • Pool
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)
Rainbow Hotel(Caye Caulker)
  • Beachfront
Iguana Reef Inn(Caye Caulker)
View Hotel
The Tropics Hotel(Caye Caulker)
Seaside Cabanas(Caye Caulker)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard roomevery morningrooftop barorchid housebanyan treecanoes and paddle boardshigh schoolfly fishinglazy lizardbreakfast is servedstocked refrigeratorlocal childrenfree bikessnorkeling gearstaff was very friendly and helpfulswimming areawatch the sunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed in the Cabana for 3 nights. The Cabana itself is very nice. We had no issues with it. The free water, stocked fridge with drinks were nice touches. The service was good. The lady who checked us in, Anna I believe was awesome. Stephanie who replaces her for the majority of our stay was offish and although not rude was less than friendly and welcoming as Anna.

The reason for ONLY 3 stars:
If based on the above it would have garnished an easy 4 stars but there were two glaring issues. The first was the view. In pictures I have seen it does not show the Cabana looking out on an abandoned lot with a dilapidated hotel that never opened. If you hung over the Cabana and looked left you could see the dock, and easily to the right was the ocean but in the middle and the majority of your view..... For the upgrade price of the Cabana the view is not very nice. Our bigger issue was the noise. It may be a one off thing as Stephanie said the issue I am explaining are not common but I guess they happened two weekends in a row so it may be a new trend. One sound Issue was in the abandoned lot. There was 3 very large dogs and I guess are the SPLIT owner's. Theÿ barked insanely for one entire day. Not our idea of paradise.. The WORST issue by far was the live music from the Split. Other reviews said music from the Split was not an issue and I would agree as when they played normal music it was barely audible. However they had live music over the weekend for 2 days.. This music pounded away with Very Very loud base and some items in the Cabana occasionally vibrated. To cap it off it was some of the worst performances I have heard. Slaughtering every Bob Marley song in his repertoire to a DJ who was at best an armature.

We booked the Cabana for privacy and a place we could chill on our deck and enjoy the views, Island breeze, and the peace of a tropical island. This music and noise made that impossible. Our only saviour is they close down the Split at 10pm.

On our last day Monday, it was back to the bar's in-house music and no dogs. If this was the way it had been all our stay my review would be different.

I would check to see if the live music is now a regular thing before booking \(especially the higher priced Cabana which has a more direct line to the Split). Otherwise it is a fine place just expect no views from the Cabana.

Room Tip: Be aware of teh Cabans dismel view and possible noise from the Split if they have live music.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bubbavon
SeaDreamsHotel, Owner at Sea Dreams Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Bubbavon,

We are happy that you enjoyed the amenities of the cabana itself and we regret that you had view and noise problems. At Sea Dreams, we are passionate about exceeding the expectations of all of our guests. Fortunately this happens in most cases. We are sorry that this was not your experience.

Regarding the view from the cabana, we regret that the unfinished building distracted you from enjoying the private veranda overlooking the turquoise Caribbean waters and direct sea breeze.

Regarding the music, as you noticed in most reviews and for your last night, music from the split is rarely an issue. Live music or visiting DJs are a special occasion for local entertainment . . . usually limited to Easter weekend, Lobster Fest (one weekend in mid-June), and New Year’s Eve. We remember the weekend in April when you were here. It was an unusual situation because of the loud music on a non-holiday occasion and because of the dogs that have never been at the split before or after this particular weekend. We are sorry that this occurred during your stay.

Bubbavon, we would appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit!

Heidi Curry
Owner
Sea Dreams Hotel

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We found this place while looking for a great place to see the sunset. It is right near the Split and offers bicycles and paddles and a kayak for exploring. We used the kayak to explore the tarpon reserve and cross the Split. The room was adequate - fine for sleeping. But why stay in the room when things to do and see are so close. Morning breakfast on the second level is another excellent part of the package. A nice place to wrap up our stay on this very laid-back place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My son and I just returned from a EXCELLENT fishing adventure.It was all arranged by Anna We met Kenan our guide there and .he is a hard core fisherman He put us on the fish. We were treated like family at Sea Dreams. Haywood and his staff were great. A shout out to Ida and her tasty fresh squeeze lime margaritas at terrace patio on the roof. (also where the free breakfast was served) The room was clean and A/C worked great. The free loaner bikes were a treat..It was the first vacation that we have come back from.... RELAXED. We hope to bring our wives next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank creekmo1
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I rented the cabana for 5 nights. It's set up like a studio apartment with the kitchen and bedroom being open and then there is also a door to the bathroom. The A/C was more than sufficient and it also has ceiling fans in the bedroom and bathroom. The room was clean and supplied everything we needed from toilet paper to champagne glasses (not that you would buy champagne on the island, but hey! you COULD..I think). The repetitive music from the lazy lizard bar right down the street can be heard whenever it's playing because the cabana is situated right off the street. It does stop at a reasonable hour, so it's really not a big deal, just an observation.

The private dock is not really private, but it's nice. Locals and other tourists are free to use the dock making it a bit too busy at times. Depending on who is out there, other people can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Breakfast was good, although for a full day of outdoor activities, my companion and I were usually left hoping for a bit more. The portion sizes in Belize are huge..but the portions at Sea Dreams were more European size and seconds were not offered. The breakfast was delicious each day and had nice variety and the women who serve it are sweet and special.

I was pretty satisfied with Sea Dreams. My only real complaint is that I felt it was a bit expensive for the level of service offered. I realize other accommodation on the island is not as nice, but for $175USD/night in Belize, I was hoping for more. We were staying at the same time as the owner's extended family so that might have something to do with it, but I didn't feel like the hotel was being run to accommodate it's paying customers as much as it could have.

The buy one get one free drink coupon thing is a little annoying. Instead of keeping track of the very few guests at the bar or leaving the paper coupons daily in your room, you have to go get them at the desk each day. The drinks at the bar are mediocre at best and are about $5USD/each. Don't get anything blended. The blender isn't very good at crushing ice.

There are plenty of things to use: bikes, a canoe, snorkel stuff, beach towels. I was allowed to borrow a cooler for a fishing trip which was nice. I also went on a 3 day trip and they let me leave my extra stuff in the storage area of the hotel which was also nice and appreciated.

I would recommend this place and the cabana to older and/or calm couples or small groups for sure but hope in the future a little more effort can be made to ensure the guests are getting everything they want for the price they are paying.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anne Y
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We arrived on Caye Caulker with no accommodation plans, we had circled 2 places to check out in our guide book but upon arriving from the ferry, we were greeted by friendly taxi (Golf cart) drivers. One picked us up and for a very low set price offered to take us to a couple places to check out their rooms but had a recommendation of his own.
We weren't thrilled with the 2 places we saw so he brought us to Sea Dreams.

It was beautiful! It was definitely more expensive than other places on Caye Caulker but the value was great.

Rooms were clean and had everything we needed, bike rentals were included as was fresh cooked breakfast up on the roof top terrace. We spent many hours relaxing in the hammocks on the roof - perfection!

They have a swimming dock a few steps from their front doors which is very nice.

We're looking forward to going back one day.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple