“Second Trip as Good as the First”
Review of Sea Dreams Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Sea Dreams Hotel
Ranked #3 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my second trip to Sea Dreams and I enjoyed my stay as much this time around. The hotel is charming and the staff are friendly and hard working. I went fishing for two days with Ken Coc, a guide with Anglers Abroad at the hotel and had a great time-caught my first permit on a fly rod.

If you are looking for a nice, charming, rustic, quiet place to enjoy a piece of paradise, this is your place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bonefish_Boy_56

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We really had an enjoyable time here. The staff were professional and friendly, from the front office, to housekeeping, to the wonderful breakfasts! The location north of the main strip is quite good and quiet except for the background noise of a daily reggae-rap jam through a PA system at the nearby Split. The hotel has a nice cabana on the backside bay and a dock, frequented by local kids which is mostly innocuous. With rooms facing an interior courtyard under the banyon tree, things are quiet and cool! Lots of good suggestions for local food and activities, and they offer free bikes which we used to cruise the island. We highly recommend Sea Breeze.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My only regret is that we only had two nights on Caye Caulker (and at SeaDreams) instead of more. We loved our room, the private dock (and the sunsets you can see from there), the staff (both Anna and Stephanie were helpful, accommodating, and wonderful) and the upstairs bar (try The Dream, it's amazing).

We hope to return and the only place we can see staying on Caye Caulker is at SeaDreams.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartment faces the road and the noise from the Lazy Lizard was a little loud (nothi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie C
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I do not know where to begin, it was all so fabulous! First it feels like you are staying with a family. You feel very very welcomed.

The location is perfect. It is near the point, so you walk outside the building and you are one half block away in either direction to the water. They have their own dock, that is perfect for sitting out on or swimming off it. I am a swimmer and I swam every day off the dock with tropical fish. I even swam up a bit and floated with giant tarpons!! They have their own snorkels as well as kayaks, canoes, and bicycles - all FREE to use. The bikes are very islandly, but work fine. That is part of the charm.

The breakfast this place as part of your stay is the best ever. Each day over one week we had a different meal. No granola and muffins here - instead you get everything home made, fresh toast, eggs many different way, with a Belizian/Caribe flare, fresh fruit, fresh squeezed and orange juice.

The rooms are clean and there is maid service every day. It is an island atmosphere so do not expect the Ritz, but it very comfortable.

The staff is so lovely and helpful. the front desk, Anna and Stephanie are to be commended.
They arranged all sorts of things for us and always with a smile!! The cooks and wait staff are so sweet, not to mention great cooks.

The little bar upstairs is where to meet for a cocktail before dinner. It's breezy with a great view of the sunset. The owner, Haywood, will often be up there regaling about his fishing expeditions.

Sunset, be sure to go out to the dock and watch it.
Also get a massage from Lacy - the best I have ever had, and I don;t even like massages much. I had it the last night I was there to get all the kinks out of my muscles from all my water sports. It was one hour and it was complete. She was great. They set up the massage outside upstairs with white linens creating a private space. As you lay there you listen to island sounds - very relaxing.

The location is really perfect because you can walk into town, it starts at the corner. Everything is so convenient.

I almost feel I should not review this place because I want to keep it to myself!

Room Tip: We chose a suite. But I think the best rooms are the one that are upstairs and have their own balcon...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CVL2013
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great little room and the use of bikes and canoe was nice. Very helpful staff and great breakfast and happy hour up on the roof. Really enjoyed our stay. Nice to have a fridge and watch the sunset from the dock.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel with the very smiley receptionist. We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the main floor. Breakfast was included and served on the roof. The centre of the hotel has a huge tree growing which makes it rather unique. Haywood the owner was friendly and knowledgeable. We also took advantage of the laundry services

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen-Lee A
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We enjoyed our wonderful stay at the Sea dream hotel where we were very well welcomed by Stephanie and enjoyed the delicious breakfast of Melanie. The place is close to the split but has a nice little private dock with chairs sun or shade. There is an amazing Banyan tree in the middle of the patio and I loved lazing in the hamac of this tree ! There's a happy hour for guest every night and the cocktails are very good. We took the free bikes to do a tour of the island and are enjoying the fast free wifi and the many American tv channels on TV. Great stay close to all the restaurants. You can also borrow the canoes to go to the other side of the split.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple