“Best place on the island”
Review of Sea Dreams Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Sea Dreams Hotel
Ranked #2 of 32 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Richmond BC
“Best place on the island”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We totally fell in love with this little hotel, getting to know the staff and their families. This was our first time in Belize and it's been our best holiday in a long time. Our hotel was in a great location, with a dock right in front, great for swimming and snorkeling with tons of fish right at the dock! Everyday, we started with a tremendous hot breakfast prepared by Jane, the cook, who chatted with us at the breakfast bar. Then off we went for bike trips, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, and walks throughout the island, quickly getting to know the wonderful people here. Then it was back to the hotel for drinks at the bar, enjoying the breeze off the sea. We had a two bedroom, with a full kitchen, and found it to be comfortable and spacious. For the five of us, with my daughter sleeping on the couch, it worked out great. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The two bedroom on the ground floor worked great for the five of us. I think we had number 1 or 2. W...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stunningholiday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great place with friendly helpful staff. The courtyard rooms surround a large banyan tree with a huge patio upstairs on top of the rooms. Its steps away from the ocean on both sides of the island and even has a private dock with nice chairs to soak up the sun or watch it go down. Not that its far from anywhere, but its located at the very north end of the island, but the complimentary bikes make everything a few minutes away. Breakfast is included and is quite good. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

One of the better places to stay in Caye Caulker. Good value. Reasonably quiet rustic accommodations. Air conditioned for those days when there is no breeze. Attentive professional happy staff at reception and in the roof top bar/breakfast area. They enjoy their work. We really enjoyed our visit!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my second trip to Sea Dreams and I enjoyed my stay as much this time around. The hotel is charming and the staff are friendly and hard working. I went fishing for two days with Ken Coc, a guide with Anglers Abroad at the hotel and had a great time-caught my first permit on a fly rod.

If you are looking for a nice, charming, rustic, quiet place to enjoy a piece of paradise, this is your place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bonefish_Boy_56
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We really had an enjoyable time here. The staff were professional and friendly, from the front office, to housekeeping, to the wonderful breakfasts! The location north of the main strip is quite good and quiet except for the background noise of a daily reggae-rap jam through a PA system at the nearby Split. The hotel has a nice cabana on the backside bay and a dock, frequented by local kids which is mostly innocuous. With rooms facing an interior courtyard under the banyon tree, things are quiet and cool! Lots of good suggestions for local food and activities, and they offer free bikes which we used to cruise the island. We highly recommend Sea Breeze.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My only regret is that we only had two nights on Caye Caulker (and at SeaDreams) instead of more. We loved our room, the private dock (and the sunsets you can see from there), the staff (both Anna and Stephanie were helpful, accommodating, and wonderful) and the upstairs bar (try The Dream, it's amazing).

We hope to return and the only place we can see staying on Caye Caulker is at SeaDreams.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartment faces the road and the noise from the Lazy Lizard was a little loud (nothi...
1 Thank Jennie C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I do not know where to begin, it was all so fabulous! First it feels like you are staying with a family. You feel very very welcomed.

The location is perfect. It is near the point, so you walk outside the building and you are one half block away in either direction to the water. They have their own dock, that is perfect for sitting out on or swimming off it. I am a swimmer and I swam every day off the dock with tropical fish. I even swam up a bit and floated with giant tarpons!! They have their own snorkels as well as kayaks, canoes, and bicycles - all FREE to use. The bikes are very islandly, but work fine. That is part of the charm.

The breakfast this place as part of your stay is the best ever. Each day over one week we had a different meal. No granola and muffins here - instead you get everything home made, fresh toast, eggs many different way, with a Belizian/Caribe flare, fresh fruit, fresh squeezed and orange juice.

The rooms are clean and there is maid service every day. It is an island atmosphere so do not expect the Ritz, but it very comfortable.

The staff is so lovely and helpful. the front desk, Anna and Stephanie are to be commended.
They arranged all sorts of things for us and always with a smile!! The cooks and wait staff are so sweet, not to mention great cooks.

The little bar upstairs is where to meet for a cocktail before dinner. It's breezy with a great view of the sunset. The owner, Haywood, will often be up there regaling about his fishing expeditions.

Sunset, be sure to go out to the dock and watch it.
Also get a massage from Lacy - the best I have ever had, and I don;t even like massages much. I had it the last night I was there to get all the kinks out of my muscles from all my water sports. It was one hour and it was complete. She was great. They set up the massage outside upstairs with white linens creating a private space. As you lay there you listen to island sounds - very relaxing.

The location is really perfect because you can walk into town, it starts at the corner. Everything is so convenient.

I almost feel I should not review this place because I want to keep it to myself!

Room Tip: We chose a suite. But I think the best rooms are the one that are upstairs and have their own balcon...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
#21 of 53 in San Pedro
El Secreto
El Secreto
#39 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Sea Dreams Hotel? Share your experiences!