Let me start with the cons:
1. The unit had a slight musty smell;
2. The mattresses are as hard as rocks and make for a miserable night's sleep ( pillows are the same);
3. The bed frame makes a terrible creaking sound that if you manage to get some shut eye, the creaking sound will wake you when you turn;
4. Water pressure is marginal.
1. Bobbie made all the arrangements for us to be met by a taxi and whisked through Belize City to the water taxi. Then she arranged for us to be met at the water taxi dock on Caye Caulker by a golf cart taxi and taken to Caye Reef. All made the transitions easy and less time consuming. Very reasonable too!
2. Nice unit overlooking Front Street at the popular Split. All amenities, restaurants, snorkeling/dive shops within walking distance. We enjoyed mornings on the balcony watching the island slowly come to life.
if you want something off the beaten track, I would recommend Colinda's cabins on the other end of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CayeReef is six beautiful & spacious beachfront serviced apartments, looking out over the world’s second largest barrier-reef. Comfortably accommodating between two and six guests, these luxury "homes-from-home" include: * Two large bedrooms with en-suite * Spacious lounge area with sofa/sofa bed * Fully equipped kitchen with mod-cons and breakfast bar * Walk-in showers * Balcony over-looking the reef * AC, or use the sea-breeze and fans * Free WiFi internet access * Cable TV * Telephone * Safe * Swimming pool * Roof terrace with jacuzzi * Spectacular views * Unconditional support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cayereef Hotel Caye Caulker