All reviews caye reef hot tub full kitchen local calls place to stay great condo two couples living room rooftop jacuzzi water taxi locked gate top floor cool off lazy lizard great rooftop laid back golf cart
Reviewed 26 April 2016

4 of us stood @ Caye Reef (4/4 - 4/14th), & had a GREAT Time! Before, we booked, we were wondering if we shld stay by the water taxi or north, by the Split. We're so glad that we picked by the Split. Caye Reef is close to a lot of restaurants, fishing/snorkeling/dive shops, beaches, etc. (but, Everything is close on CC). The condo was very comfortable for the 4 of us.

The views from our room & the rooftop were Spectacular! We checked out the sunset every night on the rooftop hot tub. 360 view & BEAUTIFUL!

Bobbi & Heidi were very helpful whenever we had a question & they picked up cases of beer for us when we ran out & needed more.

Caye Reef's beach is not good for swimming, but just a couple buildings down, before Lazy Lizard, is great for swimming & of course @ Lazy Lizard. There is some okay snorkeling right b4 the Lazy Lizard, in front of that blue restaurant, along the concrete wall & broken concrete pier. But, snorkeling @ Hol Chan & Shark Alley, is a MUST!!! They also added a ton of sand by Rainbow Grill restaurant, which is nice for swimming, but there isn't a lot of shade. Just walk around & you'll find a lot of nice spots to swim. I never wore water shoes, as previous TA people suggested, becuz I didn't swim in the seagrass. So, save some room in ur suitcase!

This is a very laid back island (tanks, shorts, flip flops) & everything closes @ 12am, except I & I Reggae Bar closes @ 1:00. The Sports Bar is a very fun place w/dancing & has live music on Tues. & Fridays. They also have a schedule hanging up w/activities, which they have every day: trivia, poker, music jams, etc.

Beware of the grocery stores, which are a lot more expensive compared to in the states.

We also tried fishing by the Split, before the crowd came @ Lazy Lizard, & caught some fish. It's very hard though, since the fish steal ur bait every cast! We fished off Terrys restaurant's pier, too. We also went reef & deep sea fishing, which was Fantastic! The Tarpon's pier is a couple piers down from Terry's, but u need to walk around the block, cuz it doesn't go thru. We fed them & they jump out of the water. You can go snorkeling there, too.

We had a great time on CC, if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me!

Room tip: Top 3rd floor for the BEST View!
Date of stay: April 2016
4  Thank ChicagoRocky
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I have just returned from a three night stay at Caye Reef. I've been going there for a number of years now and it is definitely my favorite place to stay on Caye Caulker. I think I have stayed in most of the rooms at one time or another and they are all equally nice, but I do prefer the view and the breeze on the 2nd and 3rd floor. All rooms have central air, but I usually don't use it as the ocean breeze keeps the rooms at a comfortable temperature. All rooms have a fully functional kitchen and have everything you need other than food to cook. The view from the rooftop is amazing as you can watch sunrise and sunset from the hot tub if you so wish. Bobbi and all the staff are very knowledgeable and accommodating and really make you feel at home. Looking forward to my next trip!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Brenda Hammond was *incredibly* not helpful when I was emailing and emailing and emailing to secure a top floor room for 10 days in Summer 2016. Curt and rude and no thanks, this party of eight is skipping Caulker Caye altogether.

Date of stay: January 2016
SH_at_CayeReef, Owner at CayeReef, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience trying to book CayeReef. We have high standards ourselves and in this case we have clearly slipped. Brenda is very apologetic. Please contact me directly at feedback@cayereef.com and I will do my best to accommodate you and your party - it would be a shame to miss out on the Caye Caulker experience entirely.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

My wife and I just spent a week at CayeReef Condos and we really enjoyed our stay there. Our third floor unit had a balcony with a great view of the ocean and there was always a nice breeze. We used the kitchen for breakfast and lunch and then we went out to restaurants for dinner. Our condo had two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large living room with a TV. There is a pool which we used every day to cool off. CayeReef is located at the north end of the island, close to many great restaurants and bars. The staff at CayeReef were very friendly and attentive to our needs.
To summarize, I would not hesitate to stay at CayeReef again and I would recommend it to anyone who is planning a trip to Caye Caulker.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank Scubaman9

Thank you for your positive review "Scubaman9". I hope you found having Frenchies Diving on the pier opposite convenient too! We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

This was our first trip to Belize. We traveled with another couple, so we really wanted a place with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, which weren't easy to find. CayeReef was great! The condos are nice, with a great rooftop view in all directions. The location is a little out of the way from most of the restaurants. We anticipated the island being a little livelier at night, but it was super quiet, which was fine with us. They provide housekeeping every third day, which is just right.

Probably my only complaint is that you don't have access to the thermostat, and the first night we all froze! We could have gotten up and removed the key, which would have turned it off completely, but after a long day of travel I don't think any of us even thought of that! I understand that all of the power there is produced from a generator and must be pretty expensive, so I get why they do it this way.

It's a bit on the spendy side, which is the only thing that might get us to look for something else next time, but you can't go wrong here!

Room tip: Higher floors have better views, but the view from the roof is the best!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We appreciate your positive review "Deb18560". The island does have a laid-back vibe and the nights (outside Easter and Lobster Fest.) can be quiet. There are some busier places, but they won't suit every taste - best to check with the front desk.
We hope we can welcome you back soon.