“Overdue review” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belize Diving Services

Belize Diving Services
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Blue Hole, Turneffe Atoll and The Belize Barrier Reef our some of our most popular dive sites. All computer diving and modern equipment help to give our dive masters and instructors the tools they need to do their job with expert care.Whether your goals are to take your first breaths on scuba, to become an instructor, or to dive to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole. We will be happy to work with you.Since 1978 Belize Diving Services has been continuously operating dive tours from the beautiful Island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Whether your first time diving or your 10,000 we will be happy to show you the underwater world of Belize.
“Overdue review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

A dive partner and I dove with BDS in May of 2011. We spent most of the week diving with them and had a great time. I was able to complete some technical and DPV training with Chip, and other than following a guideline over fire coral, it was a great time. I do know what fire coral looks like now (ouch) so there was some education in that regard. I was also able to use one of his Shearwater Predators which put me on the path to my current Petrels.

We were interested in the Blue Hole and BDS was able to link us up with a fellow Dive Op that was headed there. It was a bumpy ride, and we should have stayed diving that day with BDS, but at least we got the Blue Hole out of our system. On my partner's 100th dive a Manatee actually came up and nuzzled her. This was either quite a conincidence or BDS has one on staff...

Visited July 2013
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We’re happy to hear you had a great time diving with Chip, BDS, and the other dive company! Sorry to hear about your fire coral incident, ouch! Luckily Chip was able to help you out with that, testing out some new equipment, and crossing the Blue Hole off your bucket list! Congratulations on completing your technical and DPV diving, and we’re glad we could accommodate you and your partner in so many ways during your vacation. Unfortunately, we do not have a nuzzling manatee on staff, but we should definitely look into it! Thanks for choosing BDS, and be sure to come dive with us again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“6 Days/5 Nights on Caye Caulker Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Trip to Caye Caulker Island was exclusively so that I could scuba the outer reef of Belize and to check off on my Scuba Bucket List The Blue Hole. I dove with Belize Diving Services. In my opinion this is if not the best, one of the best & most professional outfits on the island. Their boat is one of the best dive boats I have been on hands down, very new, spacious & clean. I had to rent my equipment for my dives and their equipment was very well kept newer Aqua Lung gear. The crew was extremely friendly and their attention to safety & detail was one of the best I have ever seen. Everyday they went over a briefing of the boat, safety info & other important dive info that most dive shops just seem to skim by or not even address. Yes I have seen many reviews where people are saying they are more expensive but trust me, for the little extra cost, these guys are worth it. The Blue Hole Day ( Yes Day! 3 tank dives, 2.5 hours on boat to get there and another 2.5 hours to get back) was one of the best diving days I have ever had. Nice thing too is that if your not certified to go down to 130ft they take divers into the Blue Hole and you still get to dive and see a lot but they keep you at a shallower depth so everybody can experience this amazing dive site. They took us too a relaxing beach island for our lunch and the food & drinks were perfect for the day, great tasting and ample portions. I can't say enough about this trip, if you have the chance to book it with them do it, you;ll love it! Communication with the office months before my dive via email was good, you gotta understand they are on an island and you'll find out that island time is a lot slower then the mainland time.... The only negative feedback in my opinion is that on the more closer daily two tank dives, in between dives they offer a Tupperware of sliced watermelon & have water on the boat to drink entire day. I have been with much less professional dive shops and much less expensive places and these shops even dish out a little more friendly food or snacks then just slices of watermelon... Again, this has nothing to due with the scuba diving, it is merely my observation from many, many scuba dive shop experiences. If they stepped this service up a bit, I would have for sure given them 5 Stars but now at least they have a little something to strive for to be perfect! In Conclusion, this is a fantastic dive shop to dive with while you are on Caye Caulker Island, from the office people, to the dive crew & captain, you can;t go wrong with diving with Belize Diving Services! I hope you enjoy your scuba adventure if you go with them!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JR V
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We’re glad you had such a fantastic week of diving with BDS and got to check the Blue Hole off of your list. The Blue Hole trip is definitely a favorite amongst our customers, and you pretty much summed up why; three great dive sites, an island lunch and nature tour, and a comfortable boat for the long journey there and back! We’re happy to hear our staff and crew were helpful in and out of the water, we’re always trying our best to make sure our divers have a safe, fun, and relaxed time with us. We’re sorry we didn’t have anything more filling than watermelon during your two-tank dives! We try to choose local food that will keep our divers hydrated and full, and watermelon and pineapple are our two go-to fruits! We will keep your observation in mind for the future, and always appreciate feedback from our customers. Thanks again for choosing to dive with BDS, and we hope to see you soon!
San Francisco, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I got certified here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was looking for a 5 star PADI business to finish my open water dive. I started my confined pool dive in California and finished my 4 water dives here. I ended up spending more money this way and wish that I just did all the online and confined work with Belize Diving Services! It's about $500 to get fully certified with them...worth it. The trips were fun, the crew was friendly, they served us a pretty decent lunch. But I heard that they were the most reliable,professional, and safest when it came to the quality of their equipment.

Visited May 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Congratulations on your certification! We’re happy we could make the process fun and worth the hard work and travel. We like to use the online training too; it makes it easier for both the customers and our shop! We always appreciate feedback about our crew, equipment, and safety from our divers and students. Thanks for choosing BDS, and be sure to come back now that you’re a certified diver!
Boise, Idaho, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Professional, fun, safe...etc. Worth the extra $$!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dove with these guys (Edgar, CJ, and another guy...sorry, don't remember his name) last Friday, May 31. I enjoyed the day very much. We dove the Blue Hole, Half Moon Wall, and Long Caye. All were led professionally and Edgar did a good job of pointing things out.

The gear is all nearly new and in great shape. The boat was comfortable with good facilities. Apparently the other major dive operation on Caye Caulker doesn't have a head on their boat...which would not be fun...specially for the ladies!

Lunch on Half Moon Caye was tasty with a little walk around tour given by Edgar that was short, but fun and informative. Lots and lots of hermit crabs and iguanas.

I read one recent review about a lack of motivation and fun...I guess I can see the point, but I thought it was great. Fun and some joking around, but not to the point of getting annoying like some dive/snorkels I've done in the past.

I think they're the most expensive on the island (I'm not sure of that), but you get what you pay for. Good gear, good staff, safe dive.

Last note...I'd like to thank those guys for trying to accommodate my early request for a mid-week Blue Hole dive. It didn't work out, (not enough divers) but I thought it was great that they tried to work with my schedule. Friday was my last day before going home and I wanted to just chill at the split all day before going back to reality...but I'm glad I decided to dive instead! Sharks were awesome...this is the best dive I've had since I've been diving!

Visited May 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks for the great feedback! We’re glad we could help you out; The Blue Hole trip is definitely a favorite among our customers, especially with such great sites like Half Moon Wall and Long Caye near by. The lunch and nature tour on Half Moon Caye are two special treats our customers love too. We always like to make sure our customers can dive the site they want if conditions permit, especially if your return to reality is the next day! Thanks so much for the feedback, and we hope to dive with you again!
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“All it needs & nothing more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Biggest dive operator with good equipment. They do their business, a touch more charme and motivation would be nice. Be aware of short notice changes of dive sites. We found them very expensive compared to other dive operators in the south or other places in the world.

Visited May 2014
Argos1980, Public Relations Manager at Belize Diving Services, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t charm your pants off, but we sincerely hope you enjoyed your diving with us! As the biggest dive operator on the island, as well as the only SDI/TDI Instructor Trainer Centre and 5-star PADI Resort operator on the island, our prices are about 15% higher than other local dive shops. This slight price increase is due to making sure our customers have the most safe, comfortable and fun dive experience with top of the line equipment, boats, and dive masters. For further safety precautions, we sometimes have to change dive locations due to weather or to manage safe diver numbers. Once again, we hope your dives were enjoyable and thanks for choosing BDS!