“heaven”
Review of Amanda's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Amanda's Place
Ranked #2 of 32 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Tokyo, Japan
“heaven”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

so, here it is...a little dream place...Amanda arranged for a taxi from the airport to the water taxi and once we got onto the island Amanda was there to greet us! the room was lovely, more than lovely...she checked in on us and was just across the road if we ever needed anything...we were lucky to have a nice small dipping pool to stay cool..we read in hammocks, had blender cocktails, everything is close by, everyone is so friendly...and yes, there was a rooster, but then it stopped...i loved this place cuz it is relaxing, clean, safe, you get a chance to meet locals, and other travellers...everyone that we met on our stay had been coming to Amanda's for years...that should say it all...and now i'm one of them!...on our last day she even came to the water taxi for a hug and to say goodbye...what a nice touch!...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tanya s

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I spent seven nights at Amanda's Place and the experience was excellent...the room was very comfortable, ideally located to restaurants and convenience stores, and quiet for a good night's sleep. Hanging out by the pool was an excellent way to relax, get some sun and meet all your fellow travelers. Amanda is always around for anything that your might need for your room and advice for restaurants and things to do,,,couldn't ask for a better host. As for the earlier mention of the annoying rooster...I believe the rooster became dinner so it's no longer a problem. Amanda's place is great place to enjoy all that Caye Caulker has to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank johnp71
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My GF and I came to Caye Caulker for a little R&R. We stayed in room #1 which had AC and a kitchenette set-up. The size of the room was ideal and it was very clean and my girlfriend liked how it was decorated. The thing about it that really impressed me was the enclosed front yard complete with a nice swimming pool and beautiful landscaping. Wether we were coming back to our room after a long day or diving or just walking the town, it was such a great way to wind down and cool off. The only thing I can say that's even remotely close to being negative is the comfort of our bed as it was stiff for my taste but then again I'm pretty picky about what I sleep on. All in all, I would absolutely reach out to Amanda again to stay here if we were to return to Caye Caulker. Amanda was such an easy, low-stress person to rent from and our setup was amazing. Felt very fortunate to have chosen her place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jsauc
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I spent six nights at Amanda's Place on Caye Caulker in mid-September 2013, and was extremely comfortable the entire time. It was perfect for my needs. Upon my arrival, the one room studio was spotless, as was the bathroom and kitchen area. The small pool outside was perfect for cooling off during the day, and late night swims under the stars. Many great bars and restaurants are within easy walking distance (the Caye itself is less than 3 miles long). Amanda was a great host and made me feel like a VIP by arranging for a driver to meet me at Belize City Airport and driving me to the water taxi. Amanda was there to meet me on the CC side and drove me to my room in her golf cart. A really nice personal touch that made me feel so welcome and appreciated. She answered all of my questions - including a large number before I arrived via email. I highly recommend her Place to anyone looking for a fun getaway vacation. I especially recommend Amanda's Place to couples - it's a great spot for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

The Basics: Myself and my boyfriend stayed in Casa Amancer, which is one of the three residencies that make up Amanda's Place. Casa Amancer is a one-bedroom sort of studio apartment located directly above a two-bedroom apartment, and the building is right next to a multi-bedroom home. Both buildings share a pool and outdoor area.

We stayed in the off-season, and had no one below us, and neighbors in the house next door for only the first few days of our stay. I can't help but think we would have had a different experience had the entire property been full for the duration of our visit. I didn't actually realize that Casa Amancer was the top level of a two-level house when I booked it, and would have been a little disappointed to find downstairs neighbors. That said, being here during the off season was pretty great. For the most part, we had the entire property, including the pool, to ourselves.

Now for the accommodations themselves - Casa Amancer is set up like a studio apartment, with a bedroom, living area, bathroom, and kitchen. The living area does have a futon, but I think size-wise, it's best for a couple or a family with one small child. The room itself is pretty nice, but if you are used to daily maid service or a spotless American hotel room, you're going to be disappointed. This felt like staying in someone's guest home, which is exactly what we expected coming to Belize. The room is not cleaned during your stay, nor are towels or bed linens changed, so it's up to the guest to keep things neat.

One last thing worth mentioning - there is a rooster nearby that must belong to a neighbor that starts squawking every morning at around 4am. It's incredibly annoying, and I hope for the sake of Amanda and the other hotel/rental home owners in the area, something can be done about it. It honestly woke us up just about every morning of our stay, and kept us awake for 30-60 minutes each morning. Hopefully the issue is taken care of soon, as the stupid rooster was the only bad part of an otherwise fabulous rental home!

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My family and I spent a happy, sandy, sun (and rain)-drenched week at Casita Carinosa. The Casita is close to everything on the island. Amanda was a great host, answering our questions and introducing us to life on Caye Caulker. She arranged transportation for us from the Belize City airport to the water taxi and back again and arranged for our bags to be transported from the water taxi to the Casita. This might seem like a small thing until you try rolling your suitcase through the sand for a couple of blocks! Take Amanda’s suggestion, and pay the small price per bag for this service. The Casita was just the right fit for our group of six--a family of 4 and a mother-daughter pair. The air conditioning in the bedrooms was a must in August. It would have been really nice to have AC in the kitchen/living/dining room, as well, but that amenity seems to be a rarity on Caye Caulker. The bedrooms are just big enough for comfort. (Stow your bags under the beds.) The bathrooms are tiny but clean, and there is ample hot water. Amanda supplies 5-gallon jugs of drinking water, which was a wonderful service. We used the pool a lot, despite daily scuba diving. Plunging into the cool, fresh water was a pleasure. Bath and pool towels are provided but are not changed out during the week, so it is up to you to keep them as dry and fresh as you can manage. It's a good idea to bring extra towels and/or plan to have them laundered at a nearby laundry, like Ruby's, since things won't dry out much if it rains. Dry towels in the tropics are a blessing! ☺ Thank you, Amanda, for a lovely stay and all kinds of helpful recommendations and advice. We loved Casita Carinosa!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Antigua
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Last month I took time out to have a break from life's pressures etc, Casa Amancer was perfect for my needs. A spacious, very comfortable and well equipped holiday 'home.' It is a self-contained, unit which is upstairs and has a delightful balcony and hammocks for chilling and watching the world go by! The pool is an added bonus to the accommodation.

The owner, Amanda is an extremely caring and kind lady, nothing was too much trouble for her to make my R & R special and care free.

Casa Amancer is in the centre of the village, quiet, safe and very convenient for everything one could need. I have booked to return in September!

Room Tip: Casa Amancer is excellent for anyone who wants to be part of village life and/or for quiet, private...