“Great Experience”

Big Fish Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Fish Dive Center, fully equipped to meet your most demanding diving needs is centrally located and just across from the Health Center. We have worked hard together making sure our customers are met with first hand services and ultimate safety. Our dive tours are conducted by trained and knowledgeable dive masters taking you to only the best dive sites amidst richness and splendor of exotic marine life and coral formations.
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I dived with these guys a few times while in Caye Caulker including the Great Blue Hole. Our dive master was very professional and I felt safe and well looked after throughout the whole experience. The dive gear was also in good condition. Big Fish seemed to be the most price competitive.

There are newer reviews for Big Fish Dive Center

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Saved usd 40 by diving with these guys to Esmerelda. on hind sight, not worth it. On the second dive the dive master couldn't find the planned dive site, so the dive we did wasn't the dive he out lined in the dive
plan. Also, worst of all one of the 5 divers ran out of air while down there and had to surface on his own. Him and his buddy tried to tell the dive master but he had no clue. When we finished the dive and told him one of the divers was already back on the boat, he was totally shocked, hadn't even noticed he'd lost a man.

We had seen the dive master the night before drinking and fighting at the split. The whole crew was hungover and unprofessional.

User then only if you really can't afford the alternative.

1  Thank LivingL0ndon
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed on Caye Caulker for a week in February and the diving with big fish was the best on our trip. What made the difference was, that the crew was so nice and friendly. But of course I can just judge the Divemaster we dove with. Seeing other reviews gives the idea they may have some black Sheep. We couldn't see any. ^_^
Also we can tell, that the food served on the trip was VERY good, especially because they also served salad. The snacks between dives consisted of Pringels, fresh fruits and different cookies, what was really a lot by my judgement from other dive trips.
The equipment seemed VERY new, but we would have wished for a long wetsuit due to the verily cold weather that day. A sweatshirt would have probably done the trick too, but who brings that to the carabeen. :-P
The price of 200 Dollar is a lot, but they are still the cheapest. Especially San Pedro costs so much more and there doesn't seem to be a reason for that difference.
I can definitely recommend them!

1  Thank Fhartmann
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Well first things first, relative to the negative reviews I've read below... YOU ARE IN BELIZE. This is not the U.S.. Also, there are drugs on Caye Caulker, and yes you may witness a drug deal here and there, but that doesn't mean the islanders are sketchy or unreliable just because they are different than you.

I did 3 dives (one was the Blue Hole) in January with a fairly large group of roughly a dozen people. The dive masters were relaxed and provided us with fruit and snacks on the boat. They were all friendly and spoke to most of us during the entire ride there and back,

My equipment was fine, I've been diving with worst and have seen much better. One of the divers had a problem with the mouthpiece of his regulator, but he switched to his backup 10m down and all was well.

Overall, I had a great experience and absolutely no issues when diving the Blue Hole at max depth of 42m. Nobody in my group had any issues either and the dive master took his time making sure we were all okay.

1  Thank anttot
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We booked a fishing/ snorkeling trip with Big Fish Dive shop and had a great time. Great fishing, good snorkeling and a good price. Our guide, Charlie was helpful and flexible about our itinerary and even brought us to see the rays. amazing time