“Love this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jeremiah's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Jeremiah's Inn
Ranked #16 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We were lucky to get the one ocean view room with hammock out front and great breeze all night. The kitchen is small, but useful, and the staff is very friendly. Perfect location right in the middle of town. Only thing to make this better would be improve the shower head and add mosquito screens to the windows.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, closest to the ocean is best... great views and breeze. If you want to rent a bike...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I planned a 3 week trip to Caye Caulker and arrived with a reservation for two nights at another island "hotel". We decided that the other place was a bit more like camping and not our style. We wandered the island in search of the perfect place. There are many places to choose from but luckily after a whole day searching we found Jeremiah's Inn! The inn is located on front street across the street from the man selling wooden bowls and carvings towards the split. It is tough to find but it is indeed a diamond in the rough! We were welcomed by Shehady. She is the manager, cleaning technician and book keeper of the inn. We are so glad we stumbled upon the Jeremiah's Inn! Shehady became our tour guide on the island, helped us find just about everything and we are gad to now call her a friend! She showed us a 1st floor room and told us the wonderful price. We immediately said yes to the room! Our friend from home was going to be joining us on our trip for 10 days and the room was perfect. The room had 3 queen beds, private bathroom with HOT WATER, a table with chairs and 3 tower fans. The rooms do not have air conditioning, which does take a little getting use to since we are yuppie Americans. But with the sea breeze and fans you don't really need AC at night! There is a simple but well supplied communal kitchen that we used every day. We met people from all corners of the world and very much enjoyed eating and hanging out together. The kitchen has a microwave, refrigerator, double sink, propane cook top burner, cooking/eating utensils and a BBQ grill outside. A couple days after moving in we met Jim the owner! He lives above the 1st floor rooms and is an awesome guy! We had seen him several times and thought he was just one of the tenants because he is that cool! He wasn't walking around telling people he was the owner which I thought was real neat. He kept to himself the first few days but once you break the ice he is just as friendly and helpful as Shehady! Shehady is a work-a-holic! She keeps the grounds in perfect order by sweeping/cleaning the rooms and sweeping and raking outside. We spent a lot of time just talking to her and Jim and learned a whole lot about island life. WHEN we go back to Caulker we will only stay at Jeremiah's Inn! You should definitely check it out if your looking for an economical place to stay on Caulker! We miss you Jim and Shehady!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BlakeandKalina
Corozal Town, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Jeremiah's is just lovely. It is conveniently located in between the village and the split, right on the front street. However its front and center location does not detract at all from the peace and quiet you find within the walls! Shehady (the manager) is great, the rooms and kitchen were very clean, and the place its self is full of charm. It is a great place to stay with friends or as a couple.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went to Caye Caulker for a dive trip and we knew we were going to spend a lot of time out so we were looking for a nice cheap place to stay and was impressed how perfect this inn fitted our objective. We stayed in one of the room upstairs. It was small but quite clean and bright, the shower had perfect hot water and after 10 I did not hear any outside noise. It was close to our diving store. This inn was very convenient for us. I truly recommend this place if you will be doing several activities and need a decent place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

positive: clean, very friendly and helpful owners - answered all our questions to the island and belize and gave good advice!, good budget-option, located right on main street next to everything you need.

negative: a little noisy but this is due to its very central location on the main street

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Plays De Carmen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

The rooms are simple, but everything you need for a budget stay in Caye Caulker. We were meant to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 6. Shee the office, cleaner and everything lady made our stay so worth it. She so lovely and accommodating. The kitchen was clean and we used it a lot due to our lack of money!!! The upstairs room with bathroom was nice and breezy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Jeremiah's Inn is nothing like the nice room pictures on the website show. I found a run-down room, which I can forgive, but the pictures are very misleading. The sheets were stained and thread-bare, there were no decorations, the shower was dirty, and the toilet didn't work right. The lock on the door did not seem like it would have actually done much if someone tried to break in. The bed was not on a box spring, but on a couple slats of wood. When I slept, the mattress fell through the boards, giving me back and neck soreness. I also fell off the end of the bed when I went to sit down because the mattress hung over the last board. I had to go to the office multiple times in order to use my credit card to pay. I would not have stayed a second night at Jeremiah's Inn had I not paid for both nights up front. I was unable to talk to anyone, and so I left a note when I left about my concerns. The manager quickly responded and said that had I talked to her there, she would have refunded my money. I responded and said that she still could. I never heard back, so I wrote again, and still have heard nothing back. I talked to several other people who were staying at other locations for less and were receiving far more. DO NOT STAY HERE! You will regret your decision!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo