“cheap and great location”
Review of Jeremiah's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Jeremiah's Inn
Ranked #17 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had everything we needed! Big bed, big room with a table and chairs, and even hangers! There were hammocks to hang out, a little picnic table, and basic kitchen (with a fridge to keep water cool!). We had a room with a shared bathroom which was always clean. The area outside of the rooms was cleaned daily and was very pleasant. The lady who was in charge during the week days was very helpful and nice! The location is great, right on the main street so its easy to find, right by a little market, and 5 minutes from the split. Oh and there was even hot water! Great place to stay :) And you can rent snorkel gear!

Room Tip: The rooms on the main floor have hammocks right outside! But the ones on the roof have sea views...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My friends and I made a reservation for lobster fest weekend a week in advance knowing places would get booked up for the weekend. I had visited the place before for pricing and it was pretty cheap, but when I came to make the reservation the prices increased. I was told these were the rates and decided to book anyway. We gave our credit card info and asked if we had to pay up front, we were told no only at check in.
Check in day arrived and we went to the place about five times to check in with no one in the office and no staff to help us. When we finally found someone at two pm we were told that our reservation was nowhere to be found and offered a room for twice the price. We asked to speak with the person who made our reservation but of course this was her day off. No other staff or management was available to help us out, I don't even think this guy actually worked for the hostel! Moreover, we were told again that the rate we were going to pay was inaccurate, so even if our reservation was kept it would have increased.

So. On a budget and halfway through the day, finding another hostel on lobsterfest? Good luck. Thanks for nothing Jeremiah's.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We only stayed one night because other accomodations fell through on our last night. But I'm so glad we stayed! It was very inexpensive, the staff friendly- especially the owner & his wife. It was mostly occupied by backpackers so we got to meet people from all over the globe. It was hot but we slept comfortably with the fans. The location is great, the bathroom sufficient, hammocks to rest in & a communal kitchen. If you don't plan on hanging out in your room, which why would you when you're on Caye Caulker(!!) I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Let's start by saying I AM NOT a backpacker at all, and this place I feel is a great budget minded place for these type of travelers. That being said, I am from Arizona so I did not realize how much I take Air Conditioning for granted... lol This Island in June is very hot & humid. If it weren't for the nice large LASKO Fan in my room, I don't think I could have made it 6 nights. I found out that sitting out in front of my room at night, directing the fan on me was the best way to stay cool before bed time.... Also it does help to jump in and take a cold shower and not dry off and sit in front of the fan too.... lol The room was perfect for one person, small but cozy.... bed was basic with a foam mattress but again, this isn't the Ritz Carton and for what I paid for my 6 nights here I could not have gotten 1 night at an average hotel in my home town of Scottsdale, Arizona. In Conclusion, if you are on a budget and are OK with a smaller room, no AC and want a very clean & friendly place to stay this is a great place. Now that I have been here for my first time, I would chose to pay extra money and get an AC room but that's just my own traveling preference. I enjoyed my stay, it was a unique experience and they do a great job for the prices they charge. If this is your travel style I think this would be an excellent place to stay. Great central location right off the main street & beach. You can walk to everywhere easily. I hope this review was helpful!

Room Tip: Remeber this is Budget Location so if you want more fancy then you need to pay more money & look...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JR V
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After reading the other reviews, we were so surprised when our room was poky, really run-down and not very clean. Our bed was a old, shabby foam mattress with a bright gold synthetic sheet. The bathroom was tiny and definitely needed an upgrade. Maybe we were unlucky with the room we were given.... We checked out after one night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaimenovelo, General Manager at Jeremiah's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

jeremiah's inn does not mean to be rude, but these guests are a bit on the dramatic side, we understand all guests are entitled to their own opinion, We will defend ourselves by clearing the following point :
this is the first time we are classed as unclean ! we are not a five star hotel but keeping the inn clean is our priority.
first of all i would like to clear a very good point , this was reservation made for 3 night online , for a private bath with 1 queen bed . when the guest arrived they commented that the room was too small , management responded by telling them that they would be moved to another room on the next day due to all the room where filled up on the day they checked in. when the office opened the other morning these guest where gone ! so a charge of 1 extra night of stay was made on the information given when making the reservation . reason for the charge, was because our reservation policy clearly specify, any reservation wishing to check out at an earlier date than specified in the booking will be charged nights of stay plus 1 extra night . as our reservation policy was clear we proceed with the charges . days after an email was received requesting for a refund , we explained of our hotel policy , and was very surprised when we saw this review . Jeremiah's inn thrive on keeping the place clean , making guest feel at home away from their home, and most of all honesty ! we hope this does not affect your decision in staying with us as we are one of the cheapest, but clean hotel with private bath.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

There are many options for a place to stay on Caye Caulker, but quickly found that many other's were too expensive (for our backpacking budget) and not as clean and nice. The price and the cleanliness of this little Inn is what sold us. We paid $13.50 (US) a night each for a private room with a clean and solid queen bed and ensuite bath. The room does get warm in the middle of the day, but we weren't there to really experience those issues... The staff is wonderfully sweet and helpful. They have a kitchen for your use, free wifi and it's located in a perfect location on Front Street. Close to the split, food vendors, bakery, bank, etc. And If you stay more than 2 nights, just ask them to clean your room, they will be glad to clean your sheets and take out your trash... there isn't anything negative I can say about Jeremiah's Inn.

We were lucky to have found them for our 6 day stay.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple & want a private room, choose the room upstairs at the end. Yo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for somewhere that won't blow your budget or your eardrums, head to Jeremiah. My boyfriend and I have been travelling for a while and mainly stay in hostels, but after checking out Bella's (rude staff, dirty rooms) and Dirty Mcnastys (racist drunk constantly hanging around shouting abuse) we decided we needed a break! Jeremiah's was clean and cheap, £16 a night for both us, in a ensuite room with a sea view. The place also has a little kitchen and wifi, and is in a great location. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are secure. We really lucked out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple