“Tsunami Tour”
Review of Tsunami Adventures

Tsunami Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your one stop Snorkel and Tour Shop, offering a wide variety of services for Caye Caulker and Belize. Mayan Sites and Cave Tubing Adventures. Scenic Flights to the Great Blue Hole. Mangrove Cruises by Ponton and Sunset Cruise. Snorkeling and Fishing Trips. We can help you with any questions you may have.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We did the full day snorkeling tour with Tsunami. I loved the tour and the day but there are much better agency to do this tour. Our guide was more worried with his Go Pro camera and taking his pictures then with the group. More then once i could not take pictures and see some fish because he was just in front of us. He almost did not explain anything (this can be an amazing "learning" tour and is as best as the more you know) and in 2 stops he did not even got out of the boat. When you are in a coral ecosystem you should know about camouflage and lead your group to the best spots not only say: just go around ans sit in the boat. I had a wonderful time but not because of the agency it was because of the place.

TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

My name is Heather Martin and I own Tsunami Tour Shop.
I couldn't agree more with you. The guide is definately supposed to get in the water on all stops as well as focus and talk to his guests. I know whom the guide is and am disappointed in his services. He knows that this is required of him.
Please do not think that this is how we operate our snorkeling tours.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We walked around early one morning trying to find some snorkelling and we came across this place. Unlike some of the random guys standing in the street, this is a real business. The lady explained to us all of the details of their tour and we booked with them. Our tour guide was very professional and made sure that everybody stayed safe which put my mind at ease and let me thoroughly enjoy the activities at the 3 snorkelling sites. I definitely recommend this company.

1  Thank Casssssssss
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Costa Maya Cabanas and booked all of our tours through Tsunami. We didn't reserve anything in advance and they were very accommodating in booking our trips.

We did the Lamanai Mayan ruins first and Major Tom and our guide were fantastic. They were knowledgeable of the area and history. They even cooked us a home meal and we ate after climbing!

We did the snorkeling tour with four destinations and had a great day. We saw manatees, turtle, sharks, rays, and swam through the coral gardens. It was fantastic and beautiful. Our guides were super nice and took us around the island to see the mangroves and drink rum punch afterwards.

All of our guides were locals who are very prideful of their country and could tell enjoyed showing others around.

The only gripe I would have would be the other guests on the tour. Some of them complained about everything and while snorkeling, they had no concept on personal space and ended up kicking everyone else. If you are actually looking for adventure these are the people to go with!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I had a great day snorkeling at the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark Alley and the Coral Gardens. Our guide, Ninja, was able to identify all the fish for us and Diego, the boat driver, was also very knowledgeable. We arranged the trip via e-mail prior to arrival and everything was as promised and on time. We had a fine lunch of sandwiches and a fruit snack. Everyone took very good care of us, including attaching the snorkel to my husband’s prescription goggles so he could actually see all the beautiful fish.

1  Thank Nona C
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We did a tour with this company. I think it was called the Best of Belize. We went to see Manatees, sea turtles, reef fish and coral, and sharks and rays. The tour guide was fantastic, very informative, very helpful, kept an eye on the kids. First we went to the place where we might see manatees. After a few minutes the boat was about to move on as the captain did not see any manatees. Just then the second guide spotted one at the surface. We went over slowly, the captain got in the water with our party and we swam slowly closer. We did not touch them or harass them in any way, and it was clear they could not have cared less about our presence. They were amazing to see so close in their natural habitat. My kids were totally thrilled. Then we went to another place where sea turtles feed. We saw a dozen or more separate turtles, it was thrilling. The third stop was Shark Ray alley where we saw tons of small sharks, small rays, and very large rays. We had lunch on the tour boat (it was a very small boat, like a speed boat), and then went to the last spot to see the reef and reef fishes. On the way home the captain took us by a shallow area where we could see starfish. Then we spotted a pod of dolphins and sat and watched them from a short distance. This was the best tour my family has ever been on, mostly because we were simply lucky that both the manatees and the dolphins happened to be there that day. But the tour guides were very nice, the price was very good, and the experience was the highligh of our trip to Belize.

1  Thank scooner