Review Highlights
Excellent snorkeling trip to marine reserve

This is a very experienced and competent snorkeling guide company! Our guide was Chuckie, one of... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
szpenny
Sacramento, California
via mobile
Enjoyed our flight. Great views

My family and I booked the Blue Hole Flight with this company during our stay in Caye Caulkner... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Krista M
Halifax, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Caye Caulker
from US$25.00
from US$1,650.00
from US$90.00
More Info
All reviews major tom cave tubing belize city mayan ruins zip line his son shark ray alley fish water taxi inland tour blue hole fun filled day ferry dock local reef hol chan snorkeling coral gardens snorkel trip
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Our tour guides for the Mayan ruins Altun Ha,Major Tom Greenwood and his son Minor Tom Greenwood who took us cave tubing, are two of the most knowledgeable people about the the history and culture of Belize. Major Tom tour of Altun Ha was amazing. He answered all our questions and was thoroughly knowledgeable about the Mayan Empire and its impact. The drive to and from Altun to the ATM water tubing caves was fabulous, with him telling us about Belize and its government and challenges for the future. His son Minor Tom escorted our group through the caves and also filled us with great information about the spiritual significance of the caves we floated through with our headlamps! Then jumping off cliffs in the rain forest afterwards was one of the highlights of the fun-filled day! Highly recommended! Ask to go with Major Tom, it is well worth it!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This company was recommended by a friend who has used them previously. We are new to snorkeling so a bit shy about getting into the water with big fish and there is lots here. This shop is very close to our hotel (Island Magic) and right at the water taxi so very convenient. There are lots of shops on the island offering much the same thing so it was great to have the recommendation and not to search far. The office staff are friendly and very knowledgable and we especially liked that they were not pushy. We did the local trip as only 5 minutes or so on the boat and the water is more shallow. Daniel and Ian were our guides and when we got to our different sites Daniel was in the water with us showing us the various fish and coral. The other guy Ian stayed on the boat and was there as support if anyone needed to come back early from the group snorkel. The tour was about 2 hours or so - maybe three and just the right amount of time for us newbies. We had the option of wearing life jackets but declined and used the floaty noodles instead. We had such a great time!!! We met some great people - there was 4 others on the tour. We would do again if we had more time and now that we are no longer newbies.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

As I am travelling for almost a year now. This was the most disapointing tour I've done so far. I feel very ripped off from these tour provider.
I paid a lot and thought that I am doing a full day tour. But it was not even a really half day activity as I also had to get to Belize City with the ferry to start the tour.
The tour guides picked me up and just offered me weed and rum at 9 am! then we went to the tubing place. for me it wasnt even clear that the main part of this tour would be tubing?! we got stucked together with a bunch of american people which just left their cruiseship.. so we already were around 15 people at least.. after a short walk in the jungle ( but nothing interesting was pointed out from the guide) we arrived. I was shocked when I saw the mass of people who waited to go tubing as well. They were between 50 and 100 tourists, which is a huge amount if you expected to have a nice nature experience. when we complained to the guide he said that today was a CRUISESHIPDAY.. and THAN he offered to return the money if my friend WOULD SHOW HIM HER BREASTS!!!
it was very upseting and I just wanted to have the tour finished.
I insisted with an email for my money back at the office but they made the excuse that because of creditcardfee it wouldnt be possible..

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Angela M
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

I will clearly say, that I do not have any credit card payment or anyone by this name in my sales book for October 2015. We do not take bookings for one person and we do not send our guests with Cruiseship customers. Our Cave Tubing guide is highly recommended and I nor he would never condone this behavior nor does the Belize Tourism Board. I spoke with an operator in Belize Tourism Board and their is a company called Butts Up Cave Tubing and there is a place in the Tourism Village that offers rum and cashew wine samples.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Booked this tour the day before and was given detailed info on getting to the island for Ambergris Caye. Small group on small boat making several stops at Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley and Coral Gardens. Got to swim with the nurse sharks and found a sea manatee to swim with which was awesome. Ian and Danielle were our guides and did a great job providing us with interesting info and were very personable. They had our pre-requested lunches after our 2nd snorkel stop and later had fresh cut pineapple. At then end we cruised along the mangroves, seeing the tarpon and enjoying some chips, salsa and rum punch. They made this a nice way to spend the day!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We did three tours with tsunami and I was not pleased with any of them.

We did the lamani river tour and were told that we would get a nice boat ride down the river where we would see monkeys and crocs, get a home made belizean lunch, and then get a tour of the ruins. We did not get what we were told we would recieve. The driver (Tom greenwood) dropped us off at a place on the side of the road where we were told no one was expecting us so it will be awhile. Our driver left and we were stuck there for about an hour and a half before we got on a boat that wasn't even affiliated with tsunami. They stuck us on there because they weren't ready for us. When we got on the boat the tour guide told us it was his first day. He whizzed to the lamani site without making any stops to see wild life. Once we got to the site he pulled out a cooler with a few pieces of chiken, rice and beans, and coleslaw. There was not enough chicken for everyone so we ended up eating just rice and beans for lunch and were starving for the whole day. We then went and saw the the ruins and hopped back on the boat and whizzed back to the stop without seeing any wild life. The entire time we couldn't enjoy anything because we were nervous wrecks that we wouldn't make it back to catch the last water taxi to caye caulker since we were an hour and a half behind schedule (we did make it but it was close and rushed!). When the driver picked us up he was blaming tsunami and the person running the lamani tour. The person running the lamani tour blamed the driver and so did tsunami. Everyone was pointing fingers at everybody. We wanted a refund because we did not recieve what we were told that we would get. The tsunami manager gave us a partial refund (less than half) because she said that the money was sent out. We were not pleased and do not think this is fair at all with all the stress it had caused us that day. Every other company on caye caulker gives money back if you are not satisfied.

We also did the fishing trip through tsunami which was fun but the guides didn't explain much and were more interested in catching their own fish. We really wanted to catch baracuda but they would not take us trolling for more than 20 min (we're thinking that's because only two people can do that at a time so then they couldn't fish.) one of the guides even was complaining he wished he was back home with his friends fishing which made us feel uncomfortable and unwanted.

We also did cave tubing which was fun but once again we felt unwanted. The driver was complaining that he wanted to be at home and watch the Madrid futbol game. He was also complaining that he was sick of working and hoped he got a day off the next day. This made us feel uncomfortable. He was glued to his phone the whole time during lunch which was painfully awkward.

In our advice check out other tours before booking with tsunami. This was the first company we stumbled upon so we went with them first. We went with other companies for other tours after our poor experience with tsunami and had a blast!

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank jelliott011
TsunamiCayeCaulker, Owner at Tsunami Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

This lady would complain if the sun was shining. I am not entirely sure what happen on the Lamanai tour, but we did give her a full refund less the water taxi ticket, which is non refundable. This tour was their first tour she did, so if it was so horrible, why did she go on a second then a third. Her boyfriend came and apologize for his lady behavior. She just wasn't a happy camper! sometimes it is impossible to please some people. Sounds like an awful lot of exadurating going on.