“Beach Side Cabanas with Lovely Hosts”
Review of Colinda Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Colinda Cabanas
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Stayed in Colindas Cabanas in January 2013. Had a great 7 days. Each Cabana has 2 bikes to use free of charge, Colin & Lina have spare snorkelling gear if you need it, free kayaks if you want & a private pier with loungers and a hammock at the end to enjoy a book and a beer. Although it is a ten minute walk from the front street it's a lovely walk/cycle depending on the mood and a lovely setting. Would highly recommend a stay here. Cabanas themselves are cleaned everyday and have everything you need including WiFi.

Room Tip: Ask for a Cabana facing out onto the beach
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Colinda Cabanas

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Nothing too much trouble. Lovely pier for chilling out. Good basic rooms.
There are free bikes and a free canoe.
The only drawback is that it is a ten minute walk to evening restaurants and a dark ish route home. You could get a taxi if you wanted too but I just cycled back at pace.
Swimming is a bit limited on the island and the Colinda pier is really suited to a good thrash about.
Recommended.

Room Tip: The front rooms are more expensive and probably not worth it
1  Thank AndrewtLondon
Reviewed 16 January 2013

i recently stayed in the Colinda Cabanas, and had a great stay. Due to availablity, I split my stay between a small, ocean-view cabana for the first few days, and a beachfront suite for the last few days.
The Cabanas are in a great location on the airport side of the island, which is quiet, and doesn't get much random foot traffic through it, so it is very safe. A bicycle is provided for riding around the island, which is all you really need to see the whole island. Golf cart taxis are also available, but the center of town is only a short walk away.
I stayed in a back cabana for the first part of the stay, which was about 300 sq ft, with a double and a twin bed, bathroom with shower and compact refrigerator. There was an inside table and chair, and on the porch, an outside table and hanging hammock.(very comfortable !)
The beachfront suite was about 700 sq ft, with marble floors, full kitchen with full size refrigerator, full bath, separate bedroom with a queen bed, air-conditioning and cable tv. There was a dining table with chairs, and in the front area, a double sized futon and table with a chair.
Colin and Linda are very nice, and gave great recommendations for activities and restaurants. They are very gracious hosts, and very helpful and friendly. Rooms have daily cleaning service.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Cabanas, and can highly recommend them for both those traveling on a budget or those looking for nicer accommodations.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget, the back cabanas are a great deal and very comfortable. The beachfront suit...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This was my first solo adventure and Linda made me feel right at home. I stayed in cabana number 4, which I understand is the newest unit, and while the bedroom was a bit cozy, I was comfortable. Didn't spend much time in there anyway! I loved eating my breakfast on the pier... watching the sun come alive. The bikes were great for getting around the island, after I re-learned my biking skills.

My only complaint was the 10am checkout.

3  Thank FusingFrannie
Reviewed 10 January 2013

There's not much more to say about Colinda Cabanas that hasn't already been said. The places are so nice, hot water consistently available, Colin and Linda are so nice, and it's wonderful chill and quiet. I definitely give this place a 5/5. Worth it, especially for couples!

The only downside is the place is very far south. Bikes are provided for free, which makes it easier. But it isn't right in the center of town. That can be a plus or a minus. Still, don't worry about it too much. Anywhere on Caye Caulker is an easy walk.

Enjoy!

2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This was our first visit to Belize and we were at a lost of where to stay. I did a little research on Trip Adviser (btw, I love them too) and read all the fabulous reviews on Colinda Cabanas. We were not disappointed. All the reviews were right on. From the beginning, Colin and Linda were very patient with me with all my questions and concerns. They are a wonderful couple who takes very good care of their guests and made sure our vacation was perfect and they were very accommodating. From providing extra bikes for our big group to checking with the airlines to make sure didn't need to pay extra for a departure tax to calling us a cab. We loved their location on the beach with the awesome sunrise and so close to town that it was an easy walk. We also loved the bikes that they provided which was a very nice touch, especially when the kids (young adults actually) moaned about walking in the heat. Our unit was right on the water and our unit was clean and spacious. I can't say enough about Colinda Cabanas and our hosts Colin and Linda. We will definitely be back and this will be the only place we stay. Much Mahalos Colin and Linda!

Room Tip: Loved the beach front cabanas. Nice breeze from the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Chero33
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My husband and I loved our 10 day stay in Caye Caulker and the location of Colinda Cabanas. It is in a quiet area and you only have to walk for about 10 to 15 minutes along the shore to get to most of the festivities. We really enjoyed the walks under the palms during the day, they kept us cool and at night the stars were amazing! There is no cars on the Island, just some taxi driver golf carts & a few the locals use. Colin & Linda also supply bikes but we enjoyed the walking so much we did not use them. The house we stayed in was very clean & comfortable with a beautiful view, and we were pleasantly surprised to have maid service daily. They gave us wonderful recommendations for everything we were looking for! The only problem we had was the sand fleas/flies for a few days that bit at dusk & dawn because we came after much rain. (Bug spray did not work so we used baby oil to coat our skin. We found out that lime juice also works great too! Mosquitos were not a problem.) We loved the private dock and hammocks under the thatched roof. One of the nicest places on the Island! So glad we stayed here after going to San Pedro for lunch on a snorkel trip (cars darting out and noisy, not the same vibe!) We

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 53 in San Pedro
Popeyes Beach Resort
Popeyes Beach Resort
#16 of 19 in Caye Caulker

Been to Colinda Cabanas? Share your experiences!