“Lobster fest 2014”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lobster fest 2014”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We visited caye caulker last weekend for their annual lobster festival and we had such a blast! First when we arrived off the boat ($27 round trip) we popped in a restaurant that for 10 belize dollars you got an all you can eat brunch buffet and unlimited coffee. You can eat on beach front tables and I ordered a screwdriver which was made with fresh orange juice. Then we visited some shops on the main road. (The island is small you can literally see the other side from one end) then we went to the bar at "the split" to watch the world cup. The pina coladas were made from fresh ingredients and local rum. They sell another drink called the green lizard which is a blended beverage. Be careful of these, they are like the long island ice teas distant stronger tropical cousin! Good but careful not to over do it. There is a beautiful swimming area right there with some of the most breathtaking tourquise water I have ever seen! There were people cooking lobsters everywhere which was delicious! They had a small parade followed by color party. Where for a small fee get bags of colored powder to throw around as you dance under the water front tent! There was so much going on during lobster fest that we missed the pagent and the greased pole climb. I highly recommend hitting up lobster festival on caye caulker some point In your life! You will NOT be disappointed!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Snorkling - woooow”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My second favourite spot for snorkeling. What a wonderful place. Turtles, sharks, heaps of coloured fishes,...., that was brilliant. And the water taxi from Belize city? That was a ride. The water taxi is just flying over the water :-D amazing. Even for a day or 2 days trip.... just highly recommended while you in Belize

Visited May 2014
Long Beach
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Belize Old Fashion Caye Style”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been visiting Belize for over 25 years now. Back when San Pedro, Ambergris Caye only had dirt roads, resturants with sand floors, and automobiles were far and few between. This was back when the only nuesince was the UK MP's picking up the soldiers early in the morning after they had partied hard the night before.

Caye Caulker brings me back to those treasured days in San Pedro. We plan on returning again this year and it will be twice without a stop in San Pedro. I have friends that live in San Pedro and own a beach front lot on North Ambergris. I will go there more than likely next year. I recommend Xanadu Resort but there are various quality lodgings places in San Pedro. We have stayed at a couple dozen.....I have digreast

Caye Caulker is the Belizian lifestlye I know and love.

Visited May 2014
Louisville
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Go Slow...”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The title says it all... Very laid back and beautiful... Is pretty 3rd World and still in the Caribbean so it's a wonderful vibe... No cars and it's fun how the dogs just walk around with no worry either. Great alternative to the Mayan Riviera and has more of a authentic island feel... English is the primary language of Belize...

Visited January 2014
1 Thank snooperdooper
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“This was my Favorite Spot to Visit!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was almost in tears when I had to leave the island to catch the water taxi back to Belize City this place was incredible. I would definitely want to go back to just stay here. I went on two seperate snorkeling trips. My guide was awesome! I roamed around the island while I was waiting for the second trip. There were all kinds of shops & little vendors on the island. The view was breathtaking I spent the day by the gorgeous crystal blue sea Man I cannot say enough about how nice this island was!!!

Visited April 2014