“Ok, for maybe one night at most.”

Trends Beachfront Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Trends Beachfront Hotel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed at the Trends while in Caye Caulker because we wanted to stay on water and on a budget. The rooms are getting pretty tired and the shower only dribbled water. My wife also located a dead roach inside the room, but we are pretty hardy, so we did not mention it. The Trends is good as far as location, but not much else. The owner did not seem interested when we asked about a room and due to some miscommunication, booked a reservation while we were still in our room, causing us to scramble for another room on a fully packed island. We ended up stay at three additional places on the island, all for approximately the same price and all for a better value.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank therastaimposta

Reviewed 24 November 2010

Right next to the main jetty as you come in we arrived without a booking. Straight away it wasnt a problem and we were shown the room etc.
The rooms are exactly what your after - basic, clean plus a hammock for the balcony!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Just stayed at Trends. We were looking for a cheap but more importantly CLEAN place. Trends was it. Two full beds, mini fridge, super clean bathroom and spotless shower stall. This is a place for someone that's looking for no more than a comfy bed, clean room (no bugs, no roaches or ants, no mosquitos).

Restaurant Sandbox was cheap, good food. Manager Wayne was efficient but not hovering or anything.

The room had no A/C but what eff more could you expect for a $20 pp price on an amazing island town?? Any cheaper and we'd be staying at the hostel on the island which many trip advisers have commented has bed bugs...yech.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Walked off the water taxi and straight into this place - no air-con, no TV, but a hammock outside and a fridge for some beers and a great view. Delightful owner, great colour scheme, just suits this fine island. We just sat there and watched the 'rush hour'; when the taxi golf-carts come and meet the ferry.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dspiegel29
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights, after a horrible experience at SEABEEZZZ guesthouse. I only with I had not booked Seabeezzz in advance I could have saved over a 125 dollars in six nights, and had a better much room with a better view. Not to mention I would not have had to drag my bag a half mile down the beach, as this place is very close to the water taxi. Also the staff was very nice and accomadating unlike the owners of seabeezzz. There are probably nicer places to stay on Caye caulker, but after our experience as seabeezzz this place was a dream.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank chocolatelover3
Reviewed 20 November 2007

I have no complaints about this hotel at all!!!

Just turned up on the day, straight off the boat. Did try to reserve a room (a few hours before arriving) but was told that I couldn't reserve over the phone.
However was told that there was a room available for the dates I wanted.

Met the owner who was very friendly and helpful. The actual office where you get hold of him is at the other trends hotel - just a couple of minutes walk away.

Trends is almost the first place (certainly the most obvious!) place you see as you get off the boat. It is set back a bit from the main road - and the space surrounding it was perfectly clean when we were there.

We had a room on the first floor, with two double beds, there is a porch outside with a few deckchairs. We were given one hammock so you might want to ask about another at least.

This 4 sleeping room cost us 55 in belizian dollars per day
I'm sure you could maybe stay cheaper somewhere else on the island but maybe you would be compromising something else.

We were shown a room on the ground floor (which I think was cheaper) but the rooms on the first floor seemed nicer!

Although we were very near the sea the views are not spectacular - you can see the sea but there are no panoramic sweeps of vast ocean - we didn't care as we hardly spent anytime at the hotel. I don't think you can grumble about the view in any case, once you get a room, as it is obvious from outside what the view will be!

The Island is so small you can't complain about the distance of any hotel from anything on the Island.

When we came back to the room it was really hot inside but there is a huge fan and loads of windows you can open for air. The fan cooled the room down in a few seconds so I would not say stuffiness is a problem.

The room including the bathroom was clean. We had a fridge which smelled odd but we only stuck the odd bottle of water in there so didn't care.

I'm sure if you have been staying in plush places you will not like this in comparison but I found this hotel perfectly pleasant during the time I was there.

It is simple but very clean and perfectly ok for most travellers.

Hope this was helpful.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank devnee
Reviewed 31 July 2007

The title says it all - we seriously walked into our room and immediately decided we were NOT staying here.

(Granted, Caye Caulker was our last stop in Belize and the places we had stayed up until then were really great...so Trends had a lot to live up to!)

Besides the 2nd floor room we were given being INSANELY hot and stuffy (the main reason we didn't stay here), there is no place to hang out outside at this place....and who comes to Belize to sit in their room? Yes, there is a "porch" - if you can call it that - but there is no shade and it faces a big open space (not the water) that has no trees and is littered with trash. Zero tropical ambiance!! And there were too many people coming in off the water taxis right there, which made it seem busy and not at all mellow.

We were then taken to the Trends in the village which was worse! I saw better rooms in Placencia for $8! This place, at $40, was a total rip off. We were taken there because it had A/C. But the rooms were dark and dank and gloomy and again, there was no place to sit outside and relax with a beer. The beds were also terrible and full of popped springs.

They made us pay for the 2 nights we reserved anyway (boo!) but we decided just to eat it and stay elsewhere...it was that bad. We ended up at Seaside Cabanas....other end of the spectrum, I know! But it was lovely and while a pool is not the end all/be all for us, it was really REALLY awesome since it was so incredibly hot out. Caye Caulker has no beach and so this place was especially primo. Once I had a Belikin in hand, soaking in the pool....I completely forgot about Trends!

I should probably note that my boyfriend and I are NOT high maintenance-types. We are from CO and are used to roughing it. I don't need anything fancy, but for me - ambiance and environment is everything. Trends does not have this.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank rosalicious