“Iguana Reef Inn Caye Caulker Belize”
Review of Iguana Reef Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Iguana Reef Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent a week in Belize on Caye Caulker and enjoyed every minute. The Staff at the Iguana Reef Inn were helpful, sincere and knowledgable. The advise and assistance from the staff and management allowed us to make the best of our time in Belize. I will be going back to Caye Caulker and will definitely stay at the Iguana Reef Inn every time. Thank you Eric, Liz and all my new friends in Belize for going above and beyond to make my vacation postcard perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim B
There are newer reviews for Iguana Reef Inn

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 4 night here for our anniversary and were so glad we chose this place. It's the best place to stay on the Caye. Great location. Large comfy rooms with air conditioning. Great pool space and the back dock with a little beach to watch the sun set. Perfect location on the Caye to walk to everything. Or you could rent bikes just down the street and bike around though they weren't necessary because you're right in the middle of it though on the leeward side so you're not right on the busy front street. Absolutely perfect. Otis the bartender also cooked two nights a week and his food is not to be missed. Liz at the front desk was so friendly and helpful as well. As I said this is by far the BEST place to stay on Caye Caulker. Looking forward to coming back!

Oh when you go out to snorkel, Reef Friendly Tours on the front street is the place to go! Amado runs a great place and doesn't feed the fish (very bad for the fish). Yet you still get to see and swim with them all. Besides we saw Eagle rays and Manatees! This is the place to be.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet since you're tuck away from the main street. We had a ground floo...
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Iguana Reef is by far the best hotel in Caye Cauker. It is 'upscale' casual, and my new favorite place on the island to stay. The pool is fantastic, and I loved watching the sunset from the back pier.

The rooms will exceed your expectations! They are clean, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. They make you feel cozy and everything seems fresh and new.

The staff is also fantastic! We really enjoyed the bartender who made sure our glass was always full at the pool :)

Room Tip: Be sure to get the sea view room on the second floor….wow!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We recently spent 4 nights in Caye Caulker and were so pleased that we picked the Iguana Reef Inn. It was the perfect location to explore the island from. The hotel itself is very nice, great pool area, and the back dock has apparently the best sunset views on the island. The staff Otis and Liz and everyone else were so friendly. Room was very large and spacious. Air conditioning worked well. There is no doubt that if our travels take us back to CC we will be staying at the Iguan Reef inn.

*** Also if you go snorkeling be sure to use Reef Friendly Tours.. they are the only "Eco" Tour on the island and we had an amazing day of snorkeling with them! Manatees!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My stay at the Iguana Reef was absolutely perfect! It is a beautiful hotel with a lovely pool and outdoor/indoor bar area. The rooms were great and well taken care of. Most importantly, the staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. We had a bunch of special requests and needed loads of advice and they always helped with a smile!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are slightly closer to pier.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Talia G
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Without question Iguana Reef Inn is the BEST hotel on the island of Caye Caulker. My husband and I did a great deal of research prior to picking the Iguana Reef Inn for our honeymoon trip in 2012. We ended up choosing to stay at this hotel over the many other options for various reasons - on site pool, bar, on the lagoon side (makes for wonderful views of the sunset), in room fridge and A/C, spacious and so much more. All I know is that after being at the Iguana Reef Inn for a week and a half we left wanting to come back – and soon!

We were so enamored by our experience on the island but mostly the warm and welcoming staff at Iguana Reef Inn, that as soon as we could; we came back for a week long stay. We were greeted (almost two years later) as if we were seeing long lost family with great big smiles and hugs upon our arrival! It was GREAT to be back!

In the nearly two years since our last visit there had been a change in ownership – but not a change in quality – in fact I think the quality has gone up a great deal. There have been simple but wonderful additions and upgrades to the entire Inn. New blinds and curtains in the guest rooms, the addition of carpeting to the rooms, new furniture, new Palapa roof, new outdoor cooking area (which if Otis is cooking you want to change any plans you might have), and I am sure SO much more.

What I think really sets Iguana Reef Inn apart from every other place in is that every member of staff loves what they do and it shows in a great big way! I don’t know if I have ever seen a staff take so much pride in what they do. Whether it’s Alex, Adam, or Liz helping you at the front desk, Otis or Walder at the bar, or anyone from the grounds keeper to cleaning ladies – you will always be in good hands. Honestly – this is a fantastic group of people and it is because of them that we will continue to come year after year. They are the heart of the Inn and without their warmth it would just be four walls and a place to lay your head.

The caliber of the staff at the Iguana Reef Inn is some of the best I have ever come across. You will become part of the family and have friends for life. My husband and I honestly plan on returning as often as possible to “our little oasis” because of how much we love our Iguana Reef family. (We miss you guys and can’t wait to come back soon!)

I will say it again the Iguana Reef Inn is the BEST hotel on the entire island of Caye Caulker.

Eric you have done some amazing things to the Inn and we can’t wait to come back! We tell everyone who will listen (and even those who don’t want to listen) that their next vacation needs to be at the Iguana Reef Inn on Caye Caulker. Thanks for everything! We’ll be seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms but the best room has to be the Poolside King Suite. I...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica J
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I just spent 10 nights at Iguana Reef Inn for our honeymoon.

The property - spotless, well kept, and everything you see in their pictures is an accurate representation.

The employees - amazing. I have never felt so welcomed, spoiled, and treated so respectfully as a guest. Everyone from one of the owners, to the front desk, to the housekeeping staff, were all so accommodating and welcoming! (Shout out to Otis for being the best part of our trip! He is by far the nicest person we have ever had the pleasure of meeting when traveling. Not only that, but he is a killer bartender and cook too! :)

The rooms- very spacious, well kept. Don't expect to sit in your room watching t.v., because there isn't one. Get out and enjoy the beautiful island!

Accommodations-Iguana Reef Inn helps arrange any trips or things you would like to go do. We did not take advantage of this prior to arriving, but I sure wish I would have since they seem to network with everyone. I appreciated the fact you could bill any charges to your room. Our bill was accurate and given to us in a timely manner prior to checkout.

If you plan to dive with Belize Diving Services, this is the place to stay. A 5:15 AM arrival to do a specific dive comes early, but not when you are staying directly next door.

We would absolutely stay here again if we visit Caye Caulker. There is no question about that.

If all you read out of this review is three words to describe this property, it would be: spotless, accommodating, and comfortable.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are a few steps from the pool, but the parkside rooms are NOT very far at all. I...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#16 of 19 in Caye Caulker
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
#1 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Iguana Reef Inn? Share your experiences!